Digital payments company PayPal on Wednesday said it would hire 1,000 engineers this year for its India development centres across Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad.
PayPal said it would recruit these engineers in the areas of software product development, data science, risk analytics and business analytics at the entry level, mid level, and senior roles, the company said in a statement.
The India Technology Centres currently employ more than 4,500 people in the three locations.
PayPal India has also announced its plans for campus hires from top engineering colleges across India.
The company highlighted that the pandemic has accelerated the shift towards digital payments and highlighted the benefits of adopting a digital first approach.
PayPal’s products and services have become even more relevant now and hence, the need to focus on technology innovation across AI/ML, Data Science, Risk and Security, Customer Experience and other key areas, it said.
“Our India Technology Centres are the largest for PayPal outside of the US and play a pivotal role in enabling us to constantly innovate and remain ahead of the curve,” Guru Bhat, VP Omni Channel & Customer Success, GM – PayPal India, said.
He added that as digital payments move from a nice-to-have to an essential service, the company is focused on investing in and nurturing world-class technology talent to continue to offer products and services that meet the needs of its growing base of consumers and merchants.
Last month, Paypal said it will stop offering domestic payment services within India from April 1, and instead focus on enabling more international sales for Indian businesses.
- Aero India-2021 in Bengaluru; dates announced
- Philips India investing Rs 300 crore, to hire 1,000 people: Official
- With 66 new Covid-19 cases, Mumbai’s Dharavi crosses 1000-mark; count at 1028
- India's 'Delayed 5G Trials' May Have Been Postponed Until 2021 Amid Doubts China Will Participate
- Malnutrition Behind 68% of Deaths in Under-5's: India Releases Report on District-Level Trends
- Structural reform measures will surely boost India's economy, further efforts towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Amit Shah
- ‘Allow us to board empty planes’: Stranded NRIs in India urge Centre
- Digital India: eNAM platform reaches 1,000 mandis with 415 new integration in phase II
- India gas leak: At least 13 dead after Visakhapatnam incident
- 'Eyes Are Never Quiet': Bollywood's Priyanka Chopra Shares First step Outside Quarantine in US
- REFILE-Indian shares rebound as banks gain; all eyes on stimulus measures
- India's Affluent Diamond Industry Loses Its Sheen to Pandemic
- 13% Lay Offs, Up to 50% Job Cuts: India's Top Food Ordering App Zomato Reels Under Financial Strain
- The coronavirus exposed US reliance on India for generic drugs. That supply chain all hinges on China
- Anti-India clashes continue in tense Kashmir for 3rd day
- Watch Video: Elephants entering into Meghalaya forests on India-Bangladesh border
- Telangana Assembly Polls 2018: Key facts about the 1st independent election of India's youngest state
- India gas leak: Culpable homicide charges after 11 die
- "Working hard to be sharper than our opponents when we are back," says India striker Vandana Katariya
- COVID-19: Dutee Chand distributes 1000 food packets in her village amid lockdown
PayPal eyes 1,000 hires in India in 2021 have 482 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.