Philippine Red Cross (PRC) gets green light to use saliva tests in detecting Covid-19. Image from the Philippine Red Cross
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is now offering RT-PCR COVID-19 saliva testing via drive-through in Lipa City, Batangas, in support of the country's efforts to combat the deadly respiratory disease.
In a statement on Monday, PRC said it has partnered with an outlet shopping destination in Lipa to conduct the drive-through saliva testing, which is located in LIMA Estate.
Lipa City residents and other neighboring areas can get accurate results in a "more convenient, less-invasive, and safer way," PRC said.
The saliva test costs P2,000 and the collection process will only take 10 minutes. Results will be sent directly to the e-mail address provided by the client within 12 to 40 hours after the test.
The site is open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
National Operations Head of Aboitiz InfraCapital's Commercial Business Unit Rob Del Rosario said that they were "happy" to help the residents of Batangas in combating the COVID-19.
"We, at The Outlets at Lipa, are very happy to do our part in helping Batangueños combat the spread of COVID-19. Through this partnership, we offer our mall as a convenient place to do saliva test collection with all safety protocols in place," he said.
PRC chairman Sen. Richard Gordon said that "testing is the key," and with the use of these drive thru centers, there will be quicker and easier ways of testing.
"We are heading towards the nationwide rollout of Saliva RT-PCR Testing to help schools and industries open in this new normal. Kahit dumating na ang bakuna, mahalaga pa rin ang pagte-test para labanan ang virus. Kaya patuloy na gumagawa ang Red Cross ng paraan upang mapadali at mapabilis ang testing sa ating mga kababayan," he added.
(We are heading towards the nationwide rollout of Saliva RT-PCR Testing to help schools and industries open in this new normal. Even if the vaccines arrive, it is still important to get tested to fight the virus. This is why the Red Cross continues to find ways to make testing easier and quicker for our countrymen.)
PRC has also partnered with Robinsons Land Corp. to have COVID-19 saliva test inside their malls.
Gordon earlier called saliva testing as a "game-changer" as the individuals can get tested easier and it has a cheaper price. – Liezelle Soriano Roy, Trainee
- Chiefs defenders’ eyes light up when they see red (zone)
- Manchester City get the trophy, Huddersfield Town get a battling 0-0
- Manchester City get the trophy, Huddersfield Town get a vital point
- Eyes light up for Chiefs defense when they see red (zone)
- Manchester City win the Premier League as West Brom grab shock victory over dismal Manchester United
- Leicester City 3 – 0 Burnley: The Slimani show
- Russell Westbrook: ‘I was never going to leave’ Oklahoma City
- The Drive of Alon Day: Born in Israel, bred on video games, the Jewish pilot tows NASCAR’s latest diversity hopes
- The Latest: Israel offers Belgium anti-terror expertise
- Metta World Peace says someone offered him $35,000 to fix games in college
- 3 Keys to Victory: Atlanta Falcons vs Kansas City Chiefs in Week 13
- Birmingham City 2 Sheffield United 1: How the Blades rated
- Jimmy G. and the Young QBs
- As Arena seeks solutions, Morris, Feilhaber stand out in USA’s win vs Jamaica
- Baseball notes: Mariners' Cano suspended for 80 games
- MLB notes: Mariners' Cano suspended for 80 games
- Yaya Toure invaluable this season
- Week in Wrestling: Kevin Owens on his new belt, Mike Tyson on Ali and wrestling
- Game Day: Houston Rockets vs. Detroit Pistons 11.21.16
- Buffon to leave Juventus: Ronaldo & Neymar join Italy great in most expensive XI
PH Red Cross offers drive thru saliva test in Lipa City have 629 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.