Su, a mother in Singapore, suffered from heart failure and passed away suddenly in March.
This happened just one month after giving birth to her fifth child.
She leaves behind a husband, Joe, and five young children aged seven to two months old.
Breadwinner and homemaker
Following Su’s demise, Joe now has to juggle his roles as the sole breadwinner and homemaker of the family.
According to a post on Give.Asia, his income as a Safety Coordinator is barely enough to cover the monthly expenses of his five children.
As a father, his monthly expenses include formula milk, and diapers for three of his five children. He also has to provide for his eldest school-going son who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
While his school fees are free, Joe still has to pay for the school bus transport fee.
Unfortunately, he can’t take on as many shifts as he used to as he has to set aside more time to take care of his children.
According to Give.asia, the family is receiving government assistance and school fees are currently free for the eldest child. The children also receive medical subsidies.
Fundraiser by neighbours
After hearing the plight of Joe and his children, Joe’s neighbours have come together to start a fundraiser for the family.
Apart from raising funds to help support Joe and his family with their monthly expenditure, the funds will also go towards purchasing educational insurance for his children, at S$10,000 each, until they are 21 years old.
As of the time of writing, the fundraiser has gained more than S$14,000.
You can make a contribution here .
Donation in kind
Potential donors can also choose to contribute daily essentials and household items like:
- Children’s clothing
- Milk powder
One can contact the fundraiser here for collection dates and timings.
Top image from Give.Asia.
- 48,000 Yemeni women could die giving birth as UN starts shutting down maternity services due to funding gap
- Carrie on clapping! Boris Johnson’s fiancée joins the nation on their doorsteps to pay tribute to the NHS heroes in eighth weekly nationwide salute – just two weeks after giving birth to their son Wilfred
- Miley Cyrus honors 'most supportive mommy' Tish and Demi Moore shares sweet throwback snap... as they lead stars celebrating Mother's Day in lockdown
- Baby becomes first boy to be born in Polish village for TEN YEARS after local mums only gave birth to girls for a decade
- Mum living off £5 Universal Credit skips meals and puts daughter to bed in coat
- My dream ‘family holiday’ aged 6 saw me abandoned in convent, beaten with coat hangers & sexually abused by senior nun
- She wanted to raise money for mothers of color. So she livestreamed her son’s birth
- Small charities who got cash boosts from our £1m birthday fund thank Sun readers
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s charity work, from donating £1m to Portuguese hospitals to fight coronavirus to funding operations
- Coronavirus live updates: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey gives $10 million to Oakland schools
- India will see post-quarantine baby boom with over 20 mn births after coronavirus was declared a pandemic
- Yemen: Child bride's marriage overturned, but cases rise
- How Salford became UK’s coronavirus hotspot, with poverty-stricken families living in crowded houses & no work
- Teenager dies of coronavirus in UK: Boy, 18, from Coventry is one of 47 new deaths in 24 hours as toll hits 281 and total cases leaps 665 to 5683
- I suffered 80% burns in a gas explosion as a child – I thought I was too ugly for love but I’m finally a mum
- Mum donating liver to dying son told she was given wrong baby 28 years ago
- Pictured: Stolen car used by killers who stabbed NHS worker, 24, to death on his own doorstep days after his father died of coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Remembering 100 NHS and healthcare workers who have died
- Off-grid mum admits she’s flouting coronavirus lockdown but she WOULD take her kids to hospital for the flu
- NHS care assistant, 37, with terminal bone cancer who moved from Zambia to earn money for her family faces a race against time to raise money to fly her children to the UK so she can see them before she dies
S'pore mum dies unexpectedly after giving birth to 5th child, neighbours raise funds to support family have 683 words, post on mothership.sg at March 25, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.