The domestic indices opened with a fall on Friday (March 5). The Sensex tumbles 440.09 points to 50,405.99 in opening trade; Nifty drops 124.75 points to 14,956.
Wall Street slumped on Thursday (March 4) and global stock markets declined after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell repeated his pledge to keep credit flowing until Americans are back to work, rebutting investors who have openly doubted he can stick to that promise once the pandemic passes. This downfall has been reflected in the Indian indices.
HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Housing Development Finance Corporation, Axis Bank, State Bank of India, Bajaj Finance were some of the major contributors to the fall in Sensex.
ONGC, NTPC, Maruti Suzuki, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, Titan Company were the major gainer in the Sensex.
The domestic Equity market went lower on Thursday (March 4) as the rising bond’s yield slipped din the global markets. SGX Nifty was in red falling 180 points on Friday (March 5) morning.
BSE Sensex was trading over 200 points down at 50,635, while the Nifty 50 indices slipped below crucial 15,000, falling 116 points or 0.77 per cent.
The US Senate voted on Thursday to take up President Joe Biden`s $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid bill, setting up what is likely to be a day-long debate. Oil prices rose for a second straight session.
US crude recently rose 4.72 per cent to $64.17 per barrel and Brent was at $67.16, up 4.82 per cent on the day.
- Sensex up 1,200 points after Monday carnage in Stock market
- Sensex advances 175 points to 38,800 in opening session, Nifty at 11,450
- Sensex down by 3100+ points; Nifty by 900+ points as WHO declares pandemic
- Indian Stocks Up, Sensex Gains over 400 Points On Reliance's $3.29 Bln Retail Deal
- Dow tumbles nearly 1000 points on tech and economy woes
- NZX 50 gains 22 points despite third trading halt in three days
- Sensex ends 95 points lower; banking and financials drag
- Markets open in green, Nifty above 11, 400 in early trade
- Sensex jumps over 200 points in early trade; Nifty tops 11,600
- Sensex ends 95 pts lower; banking stocks drag
- Sensex tanks 626 points, Nifty slides below 11,400
- Taking Stock: Another 3-year low for Sensex, Nifty; what should investors do?
- Sensex rises over 50 points in early trade; Nifty tests 11,500
- Indian Bourses Plunge on Global Cues, Sensex Down 625 Points in Opening Trading
- Sensex, Nifty start on cautious note amid tepid global cues
- Sensex drops 579.74 points in opening session to 38,411; Nifty down 170.40 points to 11,357
- Sensex ends 185 points higher; Nifty tops 11,500
- Sensex jumps 540 points to 40,010 in opening session, Nifty soars to 11,770
- Sensex tanks over 600 points on global sell-off; Nifty below 11,400
- Sensex drops 100 points in early trade; Nifty tests 11,300
Sensex tumbles 440.09 points to 50,405 in opening trade; Nifty drops 124.75 points to 14,956 have 441 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.