#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021Bengal Polls: Abhishek Singhvi snubs Anand Sharma over ISF issue
#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021BJP: Are not Tejashwi Yadav, other leaders from outside Bengal backing TMC outsiders?
#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021TMC leader Jitendra Tiwari joins BJP as exodus continues
#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021‘I believe in civilised political dialogue’: Anand Sharma on Adhir Chowdhury’s retort over ISF alliance
#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021SP, RJD abandon Left, Congress in Bengal, extend support to Mamata
#West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021BJP will stop ‘Love Jihad’, cow smuggling in Bengal if voted to power: Yogi at Malda rally
- 1 hr ago Manipur's news website becomes first target of new rules on digital media, later withdrawn
- 2 hrs ago Over 150 Monks test Covid positive in Himachal, Gyuto Buddhist monastery declared containment zone
- 2 hrs ago RRB Exam 2021: Odisha exempts 7-day home quarantine norms for candidates from high-risk states
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 March 2 Highlights: Bigg Boss Introduces New Twist In This Week's Nomination Process
- Technology Samsung Unbox And Discover Event: New Range Of Display Technology Unveiled
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the 'Road to Asian Games' Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Automobiles Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
Kolkata, Mar 02: The Trinamool Congress has written to the Election Commission in connection with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s photo being used on digital Covid-19 vaccination certificates given to beneficiaries.
The TMC alleged that PM Modi’s photo on certificate issued to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 violates the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) currently in effect in poll-bound states.
The MCC comes into force from the day the poll panel announces the schedule for election and remains into effect until results are declared.
“Elections declared. PM photo still brazenly appearing on #COVID19 documents. Trinamool @AITCofficial taking this up strongly with Election Commission @ECISVEEP” TMC leader Derek O’Brien said in a tweet.
— Derek O’Brien | ডেরেক ও’ব্রায়েন (@derekobrienmp) March 2, 2021
He also urged the chief election commissioner to stop PM Modi from taking “unfair advantage and undue publicity at taxpayer’s cost during the conduct of elections.”
TMC is locking horns with the Modi-led BJP in the eight-phase assembly elections in West Bengal starting 27 March.
- PM Modi's photo missing from Maharashtra govt ads since Maha Vikas Aghadi came to power: BJP
- Congress targets PM over Davos photo with Nirav Modi
- Exports up 19.21% in August; trade deficit slips to $17.4 bn
- All-India judicial service: Govt writes to States, HCs
- Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 Updates: Estimated 62% voter turnout recorded till 5 pm
- Jharkhand Assembly Election UPDATES: 61.19 per cent voter turnout in third phase
- Rape in India remark: EC wants Rahul Gandhi to explain
- CAB: Curfew relaxed from 8 am to 1 pm in Dibrugarh, protesters observing fast in Guwahati
- 'Internet has been cut off': Cong to PM after Assam tweets
- Protests spread to more campuses; PM warns against ‘vested interests’
- Ex-bureaucrats blame PM for India's 'darkest hour'
- Stage set for battle royale: 2019 to witness Lok Sabha, simultaneous assembly polls
- Winter Session UPDATES: Constitution (126th Amendment) Bill 2019 passed in Rajya Sabha
- Winter Session updates: Both Houses adjourned sine die amid uproar over ‘rape in India’ remark
- Jharkhand Assembly Election LIVE: Polling begins amidst tight security
- Citizenship Amendment Bill expected to set the tone for 2021 Bengal polls
- Ex Prez Pranab Mukherjee bats for raising LS strength to 1,000, cautions against majoritarianism
- Explainer: The fracas around BJP's Rath Yatra in West Bengal
- Protesters vandalise stations, block roads in Bengal
- Jamia Protest: Celebs condemn Delhi police's brutality on student protestors
TMC writes to EC over PM Modi’s photo on Covid-19 vaccination doc have 848 words, post on www.oneindia.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.