#Kamal HaasanAbdul Kalam’s scientific adviser appointed VP of Kamal Haasan’s MNM
#Kamal HaasanAhead of Tamil Nadu polls, Kamal Haasan meets Rajinikanth
#Kamal HaasanTN Polls: Kamal Haasan calls for online applications of candidates, charges Rs 25,000 fee
#Kamal HaasanKamal Haasan discharged following surgery, to resume poll campaign after rest
#Kamal HaasanKamal Haasan undergoes leg surgery, will be discharged in four-five days
#Kamal HaasanWe have got battery torch symbol, says Kamal Haasan
- Technology Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Automobiles 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Chennai March 03: Veteran actor and Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) founder Kamal Haasan on Wednesday said he is in talks with “like-minded” parties for a possible electoral alliance for the April 6 assembly election.
Reiterating that he is keen on forging ties with “good people”, Haasan said several parties have initiated discussions for a possible alliance with the MNM and he “shook hands” with the All India Samathuva Makkal Katchi (AISMK).
“Many parties are holding discussions and some like the AISMK shook hands. We will decide on alliance first before a confab on seat-sharing,” Haasan told reporters here when his attention was drawn to AISMK founder R Sarath Kumar’s assertion that an alliance between the two parties has been firmed up.
Addressing his party’s general council meeting in the southern coastal district of Thoothukudi earlier in the day, Sarath Kumar claimed his party has firmed up an electoral alliance with the MNM and that Haasan will be its chief ministerial candidate.
“After hectic talks, poll ties was confirmed five minutes before midnight yesterday. In principle, we have decided to journey together. Kamal Haasan will be the chief minister candidate for the emerging alliance,” Kumar said.
Meanwhile, Haasan announced that former President A P J Abdul Kalam’s scientific advisor V Ponraj, who has joined the MNM, will be the vice president of the party.
Announcing his party’s poll assurances, Haasan said MNM is committed to ensuring the dignity and recognition of homemakers.
There will be 50 percent reservation for women in the uniform sector. Hostels will be made available in every district for free emergency overnight stay for women in distress, he said.
Establishing banks that will be run by women and for women, too, figured in the party’s agenda which also promised jobs to 50 lakh youth and monetisation of households.
Haasan on Wednesday evening launched his electoral campaign and trained guns at the BJP and AIADMK, saying the saffron party thinks that Tamils could be convinced to vote for by “tweaking” Tamil pride while the AIADMK government”s promise of jobs to youth has remained far from reality.
“Tamils are not for sale, their votes are also not for sale,” he said and urged the people to give a mandate to his party to establish a corruption-free government.
- Congress open for alliance with like-minded parties in 2018 MP polls
- Kamal Haasan is everything to me, I'm a 'haas-thigan': Crazy Mohan
- Congress open to pre-poll alliance in Madhya Pradesh, says Kamal Nath
- Karnataka government formation updates: Kamal Haasan to attend Kumaraswamy oath taking
- Could be Further Delay in Political Party Launch, Says Rajinikanth, Assures Good Times Will Come
- Mayawati may be projected as BSP's PM face, party likely to discuss alliance with Congress
- Governors, President act like agents of government says Shiv Sena
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections: Congress confident of winning over 150 seats, says Kamal Nath
- Trump meets with like-minded California 'sanctuary' foes and says Oakland's mayor should be investigated
- Gang war-like situation in Palghar, says Ashok Chavan
- Malaysia election: Barisan Nasional likely to hold Sabah, say analysts
- Oped – The Gambia: Aren’t We Building The 3rd State-Party? History says – YES!
- To rule Tamil Nadu one should be attached to Tamil tradition, says actor-turned-politician R Sarathkumar
- Karnataka election results 2018 LIVE: Congress failed in North-South divide says Modi
- Karnataka Election: BJP offering 100 crore to our MLAs and cabinet posts, alleges Kumaraswamy
- Karnataka election results 2018 LIVE: Mamata dials Kumaraswamy, hands out advise
- SP-BSP Alliance in UP Will be a Challenge for BJP in 2019, Says Amit Shah
- All the latest local election results as they come in through the night
- Karnataka election updates: Polling concludes, over to May 15 now
- Karnataka elections: With Shimsha River drying up in Maddur, farmers fight for water, livelihood
TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan have 1013 words, post on www.oneindia.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.