LONDON, March 4 (Xinhua) — Another 6,573 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,201,358, according to official figures released Thursday.
The country also reported another 242 coronavirus-related deaths. The total number of coronavirus-related deaths in Britain now stands at 124,025. These figures only include the deaths of people who died within 28 days of their first positive test.
The latest figures were revealed as nearly 21 million people in Britain have been given the first jab of the coronavirus vaccine.
Earlier on Thursday, Downing Street urged the public to continue to abide by the lockdown restrictions after a survey showed more than four in 10 over-80s who received a vaccine appear to have since broken the rules by meeting up with someone indoors.
“It’s important that people continue to follow the guidelines that are in place,” a Downing Street spokesman said.
The research by the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) found 43 percent of over-80s said they had met up indoors with someone outside their household, support or care bubble after getting their first jab.
England is currently under the third national lockdown since outbreak of the pandemic in the country. Similar restriction measures are also in place in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
On Feb. 22, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced his long-anticipated “roadmap” exiting the lockdown. Schools in England will reopen from Monday next week as first part of the four-step plan, which Johnson said was designed to be “cautious but irreversible”.
To bring life back to normal, countries such as Britain, China, Germany, Russia and the United States have been racing against time to roll out coronavirus vaccines. Enditem
- Track record with criminal cases separates Lexington judicial candidates
- What Brett Kavanaugh's SeaWorld dissent says about a likely Supreme Court record in labor cases
- Fareham MP supports decision to remove Shamima Begum’s UK citizenship and labels Isis a ‘death cult’
- Panel clears federal appeals court judge in ethics case over death-penalty speech
- Trial Looms in Federal Case Over Death of Family Pet Shot by Police in Front of Girl, 12
- UK weather forecast – 24C Good Friday SCORCHER with sun for everyone tomorrow, says Met Office
- Rebecca Dykes: Death sentence for killer of British embassy worker
- What Is 'Accidental Death' In The Context Of Insurance Law?
- Life and death on a superyacht: 'If something goes wrong, they can just raise the anchor and leave'
- Death penalty report reveals which country is the ‘world’s top executioner’
- Two arrested in Vietnam in connection with Essex truck deaths
- Weather forecast sees -10C Icelandic winds freeze the UK for a MONTH as warnings over ‘dangerous’ cold snap issued
- NC jail deaths hit record level in 2018
- Breaking: SLP Against Death Sentence Shall Not Be Dismissed Without Giving Reasons: SC
- 1988 Patiala Road Rage Case: Accused Navjot Singh Sidhu Is Guilty of Murdering Gurnam Singh, Argue The Legal Heirs of Complainant
- Karnataka Court Finishes Trial In 22 Days; Hands Down Death Penalty For Attempted Rape & Murder Of 15 Year Old [Read Judgment]
- Saudi Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty as Khashoggi Murder Trial Begins
- UK weather forecast – SNOWBOMB to hit Britain today bringing four inches of snow in -11C ice blast
- Details Hazy On 'Death Threats' Against EPA's Scott Pruitt
- Saudis Seek Death Penalty for Five Charged in Khashoggi Killing, U.S. Announces Sanctions
UK records another 6,573 coronavirus cases, 242 deaths have 546 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.