UNITED NATIONS, March 5 (Xinhua) — UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Friday called for peaceful legislative elections in Cote d’Ivoire this Saturday.
“The secretary-general welcomes the meaningful political dialogue efforts, which have paved the way for inclusive legislative elections on March 6. He takes note that the electoral campaign took place in a calm environment. He encourages Ivorians to cast their votes in a peaceful manner,” said Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for Guterres.
The secretary-general further encourages Ivorians to build on the peaceful environment to strengthen national reconciliation efforts, Dujarric told a daily press briefing.
The United Nations continues to support the electoral process with the provision of technical assistance to the Independent Electoral Commission, including capacity building, strategic communication and logistics support, he said. Enditem
- Hong Kong police chief calls for peaceful weekend protest
- Southern Command Chief calls on CM, governor
- UN chief calls for enhancement of peacekeeping operations
- Volodymyr Zelensky: Comedian-president calls snap election
- NATO Chief Calls For Russian Troop Withdrawal From Ukraine
- Election results: Theresa May 'no intention of resigning' after losses
- Indian election result: 2014 is Modi's year as BJP secures victory
- Jharkhand Assembly Elections 2019: 28.5% Turnout Till 11 AM Amid Sporadic Violence
- Be Christ-like, resist election fraud, Clergy warns
- Gantz-Lapid Alliance Important Game-Changer in Israel Snap Election - Scholars
- Ukrainians fear president will accept peace on Putin's terms, as questions swirl over US support
- Assembly Elections 2019| 1 killed in police firing as violence hits second round of Jharkhand polls
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Uma Bharti stokes controversy, calls Priyanka Gandhi Vadra 'a thief's wife'
- Botswana opposition files election challenges alleging fraud
- Gardner Ekes Out a 22nd Consecutive Term As New Hampshire Election Chief
- Jharkhand Elections 2019| Battle of two narratives in poll arena
- General election 2019: Six ways to improve TV debates
- Federal election 2019: Prime Minister Scott Morrison sets May 18 election date
- General election 2019: 10 things you need to know about the campaign
- CNN Chief Rips ‘Disgusting’ Donna Brazile Over Leaks To Clinton Campaign
UN chief calls for peaceful elections in Cote d'Ivoire have 302 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.