Questioning the neutrality of Jain, Roy said, "We doubt Sudip Jain's neutrality. Jain has given an adverse report about Bengal. We demand the removal of Sudip Jain as Deputy Election Commissioner. The fair election process in Bengal will be hampered in the presence of Jain. The eight-phase polls will cause harassment to people of the state."
"Our MP Derek O’Brien has sent a letter on behalf of the party, seeking removal of Sudip Jain.
During the last Lok Sabha election, Jain had formed the Quick Response Team (QRT). The state police and central forces, including a CRPF, CAPF officer, were part of Quick Response Team, Sougata Roy said, adding, "Jain had said Quick Response Team will be headed by a Central Force Officer. This is unconstitutional. This violates the seventh schedule of the Constitution and the federal structure. Central Armed Police Force cannot command the state police force. State Police register cases and also heads the action in the presence of CAPF. Election Commission had later withdrawn the decision."
Trinamool Congress supremo
"While Tamil Nadu and Kerala are going for single-phase polls, Assam is going for three-phase polls Bengal will be having eight-phase polls," Trinamool Supremo Mamata Banerjee had voiced her discontent.
Reacting to Trinamool Congress, Arjun Singh, co-observer of Bengal, and MP said, "Trinamool Congress is blaming Election Commission after an eight-phase election has been announced. The party has no foothold and they have become desperate."
"Symbol of Shiv Sena is 'Tiger' and they have recognised Mamata as 'Tigress'. We are thankful that they will not be fielding candidates in Bengal," Sougata Roy, Trinamool Congress senior MP, commented, praising Shiv Sena for their decision.
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Tezza/Jezza love-in — Third time lucky for Barnier? — Boris watch
- India warns of strong response to Kashmir attack
- Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Brexit vote latest news: Theresa May faces Cabinet split over Plan B as she prepares for defeat
- Brexit vote latest news: Parliament votes on Theresa May's deal
- Modern immigration to the United Kingdom
- Brexit vote latest news: Theresa May makes final appeal to save her deal
- Brexit vote result: Theresa May defeated by record margin of 230 MPs as Jeremy Corbyn tables vote of no confidence
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Leidos: Hello world! — Dublin calling — Last night at the Royal Academy
- Inside Facebook’s fight against European regulation
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Lloyds Banking Group: Party pressure cooker — Facebook in the dock — Williamson doubles down
- Paisley seeks meeting over luxury holiday
- UK and US Always Knew Crimea Wanted to Re-join Russia – Archives
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: Meet Germany’s new boss — Italy vs. France — Competition heats up
- 'You're fired!': Who Donald Trump has sacked and who has resigned during his time as president
- POLITICO London Playbook: Christmas is over — Brexit Plan B, C, D, E — NHS day
- UK and US Always Knew Crimea Wanted to Rejoin Russia – Archives
- Paisley faces new luxury holiday questions
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Amend and make do — Second coming? — Poles apart in Europe
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Bayer: The Brexit road ahead — Leaders clinch COP24 deal — End of Europe as we know it
West Bengal: TMC's Sougata Roy demands removal of Deputy Election Commissioner Sudip Jain have 762 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.