MOSCOW (Reuters) – Jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny has tested negative for the coronavirus, his lawyer Olga Mikhailova said on Wednesday, adding that he has taken a second test.
Navalny, 44, an opponent of President Vladimir Putin, announced that he going on a hunger strike last week in protest at what he said was the refusal of prison authorities to treat him properly for acute back and leg pain.
Human rights group Amnesty International earlier on Wednesday said Navalny had been incarcerated in conditions that amount to torture and may slowly be killing him.
(Reporting by Polina Nikolskaya; Writing by Alexander Marrow; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
- The Story Of Martin Gottesfeld: The Hacktivist Who Faces 15 Years In Jail For Trying To Save A Young Girl’s Life
- Johnson & Johnson ‘knew for DECADES there was cancer-causing asbestos in its talcum powder’
- BJP to fight Delhi polls on national and local issues
- "Absolutely 100 Percent Not Guilty": 25 Bizarre Things You Forgot About the O.J. Simpson Murder Trial
- Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies
- Trump impeachment hearing live updates: Hill calls Ukraine campaign a ‘domestic political errand’
- The Campaign Press: Members of the 10 Percent, Reporting for the One Percent
- Sheena Bora Case: So was it Sheena's skull?
- The battle for Turkey: can Selahattin Demirtas pull the country back from the brink of civil war?
- Intelligence officials are probing whether Russia is targeting Joe Biden by promoting controversy over his and Hunter's roles in Ukraine in a re-run of its 2016 election interference
- Julian Assange: Campaigner or attention seeker?
- Dungeons & Dragons, Satan, and Psychology
- Aaron Swartz: husband of prosecutor criticises internet activist's family
- It’s not about the black cabs: what’s been missing from the TfL v Uber debate
- Oakland race and equity official reviews cannabis industry
- IOC angered by Russian gov’t in denial over doping scandal
- George H.W. Bush: President, Internationalist, War Hero—Dead at 94
Jailed Kremlin critic Navalny tests negative for coronavirus, says lawyer have 302 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.