KUALA LUMPUR: Despite opening higher at the start of the opening bell, the FBM KLCI succumbed to profit taking activities on Monday.
At closing, the FBM KLCI ended 3.83 points, or 0.24% lower at 1,608.42. The index opened 1.71 higher at 1,613.96 this morning.
In the broader market, losers thumped gainers 667 to 411 while 412 counters unchanged. About 5.82 billion shares, valued at RM3.35bil, changed hands.
Dealers said the key index snapped a three-session winning streak as investors locked in profits in telcos and selected heavyweights.
Petronas Gas fell 20 sen to RM15.90, Hartalega shed 19 sen to RM9.70 and Hong Leong Bank declined 18 sen to RM18.34.
Axiata fell 18 sen to RM3.93, Digi lost 15 sen to RM4.31, Telekom Malaysia shed seven sen to RM6.02 and Maxis declined one sen to RM4.79.
Press Metal rose 16 sen to RM10.18, Hong Leong Financial Group gained 16 sen to RM17.46 and Petronas Chemicals added 15 sen to RM7.98.
On the broader market, MPI shed 28 sen to RM39.80, Cheetah lost 16 sen to RM1.66 and Mercury fell 15 sen to RM1.02.
Around the region, MSCI’s Asia ex-Japan stock index was lower by 1.07%.
China's CSI300 index fell 1.7%, to 4,947.75, while the Shanghai Composite index shed 1.1% to 3,412.95.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng index was down 245.52 points, or 0.86%, at 28,453.28.
Japan's Nikkei 225 fell 0.77% to 29,538.73 while South Korea's Kospi closed up 3.71 points, or 0.12%, at 3,135.59.
- Markets snap 6-day winning streak, sensex falls over 300 pts
- Jay comes back to snap Stevens’ winning streak
- Shelton snaps losing streak, holds off Xavier
- Marc-Andre Fleury helps Golden Knights snap Penguins winning streak
- Area previews: Incarnate Word looking to continue winning streak at home
- Islanders use early flurry to push winning streak to seven
- Titans ready to start winning streak vs. rested, eager Bucs
- No. 5 Oklahoma carry road win streak into Kansas State
- Liverpool winning streak ends with draw at United
- NHL roundup: Pens stretch winning streak to 5
- Gambling Lego thief's winning streak extends to courtroom victory
- For moody Broncos, winning streaks and titles are just a fable
- Shawnee’s seven-game win streak ends against unbeaten Jonathan Alder
- Confident Ravens roll into bye week with 3-game win streak
- Dalvin Cook, Stefon Diggs shine as Vikings extend winning streak
- Backlund, Stone propel Flames to help end Ducks' home win streak
- Sensex snaps 6-day winning streak, drops 335 points; Nifty ends below 11,600
- Finch blitzkrieg snaps Queensland's winning streak
- Sensex Falls 335 Points As Markets Snap 6-Day Winning Streak: Highlights
- Ramsey 'a big boost' as Rams snap losing streak
KLCI snaps out of winning streak, down 3.83 points have 385 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.