PETALING JAYA: Skills education is the backbone of the country's human resource development, says Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
The Prime Minister said technical and vocational education and training (TVET) ensures new skills in the workforce will continue to be produced, especially in new and important fields.
"The TVET Expo and Summit 2021 (TES2021) is organised at the right time because not only are school leavers finding higher education institutions to continue their education, but (it allows for) a serious discussion on the future direction of the country's technical education, " he said.
Muhyiddin was speaking at the TES2021 that was live-streamed on Wednesday (April 7) held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
- Pakistan now capable of diagnosing novel coronavirus, says PM aide
- World acknowledges 'fascist ideology' imposed in India, says PM Imran
- All religions to benefit from CAA, says PM Modi at NCC rally
- Bodo pact ‘historic’, says PM
- New skills, not your college degree, are what you need to acquire for a better future!
- Budget 2020 has both vision, action; will give push to the economy: PM Modi
- Liar Cameron must go! Tory MP condemns 'untrustworthy' PM over EU referendum campaign and has ALREADY sent letter demanding leadership contest
- Education: NADESSTU says Gov Okowa Is Working
- Budgeting for jobs, skilling and economic revival
- Millions spent on 'fake' apprenticeships, says report
- Insta-bikie and convicted killer Moudi Tajjour says the deadly Wuhan coronavirus sweeping the world is 'Allah's revenge' for China's persecution of Muslims
- Michael Gove reveals his 'deep regret' at taking cocaine on 'several occasions at social events more than 20 years ago' but says it should not 'disqualify' him from being next Prime Minister
- Princess Eugenie gives rare interview before wedding for this very important reason
- New reforms announced in Union Budget 2020 will give push to economy: PM Narendra Modi
- So things can only get better? Not always, PM
- PM Narendra Modi gives Bal Shakti Puraskar to 49 children, says he gets inspiration from them
- Govt Needs to Address Demand Issues to Arrest Slowdown, Says Abhijit Banerjee Day Before Budget
- ‘Mission Gaganyaan will prove to be a milestone for New India’: PM on Mann Ki Baat
- Coverage under PM-KISAN not even 50%
- British experts are 'extremely worried' after China says deadly coronavirus is contagious BEFORE symptoms even begin to show - as outbreak kills 56 and infects 2,000 worldwide
Technical and vocational skills are important, says PM have 371 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.