ABOUT 12,000 public school students in 6,000 households in San Juan had their free fiber optic internet connection fully activated this Friday, a year after its installation, the city government said in a statement.
This developed after the local government partnered with internet service company Converge ICT Solution Inc. which also provided a learning management and communication system to help implement blended distance learning.
The new system provides an application platform for students and teachers to manage their lessons, exams and homework. Teachers can also conduct their classes through the app.
Mayor Francis Zamora said this would lessen students' burden on online learning.
The Department of Information and Communications Technology turned over 12,500 tablets, 1,000 laptops and 1,000 pocket Wi-Fi to the city government to be distributed to K to 12 public school students.
- Kerala's free internet project to be commissioned in December: CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- What a major earthquake would do to San Francisco
- Amid protest, DU announces it will hold online open book exams for final year undergrad students
- ATSC 3.0: Where can you get the free NextGen TV format?
- Paid software and services available for free during the pandemic from Microsoft, Facebook and more [updated daily]
- Mind the gap: Affordable internet vital for coronavirus recovery
- Go read about how Americans who depend on libraries for internet are coping with the pandemic
- We're students from different generations. Here's what quarantining alone taught us.
- Phone buddy system connects SF homeless hotel residents with volunteers for regular chats
- My terrific job offer in San Francisco got snatched away
- San Diego police accessed smart streetlights' camera footage over 35 times to search for evidence of looting and vandalism during Black Lives Matter protests
- Grad student mom: This is something I can't fix
- 5 ways human connection took us through the darkest times
- Dead End on Silk Road: Internet Crime Kingpin Ross Ulbricht’s Big Fall
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Thousands of community college students withdraw after a lost semester amid coronavirus
- How to remove yourself from Internet search results and hide your identity
- WATCH: San Diego Cop Slams Handcuffed Teenage Girl to Cement on School Campus
- The internet promised us a world without borders. Ooops
- USC reverses robust fall reopening plans, asks students to stay home for online classes
12K students get free internet connection in San Juan have 365 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at May 8, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.