IPOH: Some 237,204 people in Perak have received their Covid-19 vaccination under the second phase of the national immunisation programme.
Perak health committee chairman Mohd Akmal Kamarudin said these included 90,759 people who have completed two doses of the vaccine.
Mohd Akmal said as of May 28, some 258,958 people have been notified to be vaccinated.
"Between 45 and 55% was a no show.
"These were, however, replaced with those on the waiting list so there were no wastage, " he said in a statement on Friday (May 29).
"Based on the report we received, some missed out on their initial scheduled appointment and came on a different date, " he said, adding that 42.9% or 828,881 of the state's population have registered for the national immunisation programme.
"Some were absent due to being unwell and some had rescheduled, " he added.
Perak Health director Datuk Dr Ding Lay Ming had reportedly said on May 26 that about 9,000 senior citizens had missed their first vaccine dose.
Perak has a population of about 2.6 million people.
Mohd Akmal also said that several private hospitals and clinics have registered and appointed to be vaccination centres under the national immunisation programme.
"The appointment method will be the same as the current vaccination centres, which is through MySejahtera.
"These private premises will help expedite the vaccination process in the state, including big districts like Kinta, Manjung and Larut, Matang and Selama, " he said.
"They are expected to start in the middle of June, pending on their preparations, " he added.
- Many people catching virus despite vaccination
- Emergency typhoid vaccination drive starts in Hyderabad
- How Sanofi's setback could lead to better dengue vaccines
- K-P introduces vaccine against diarrhoea
- Time to get vaccinated after flu cases rise in Wirral
- Stevenage MP urges people to get their flu jabs as Australian bug hits Herts
- Why this bad flu season is good for vaccines
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the symptoms and is there a vaccine?
- Is your child eligible for a free meningitis vaccine? Protect your kids as cases set to soar over Christmas
- What is meningitis, what are the symptoms of Darius Campbell’s condition, how do you get it and is there a vaccine?
- What is meningitis, what are the symptoms of Izzy Weall’s condition, how do you get it and is there a vaccine?
- What is the HPV/Gardasil vaccine? The HSE-funded jab aimed at tackling cervical cancer as uptake levels fall – all you need to know
- After the Philippines: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa pulls plug on dengue vaccine
- Low flu vaccine uptake puts Europe at risk
- Routine Immunisation: DPT vaccine to be part of EPI
- Flu jab side effects, if the vaccine is safe for children and how to get a free NHS jab at Boots, Asda and Tesco
- What are the flu jab side effects, is the vaccine is safe for children and how to get a free NHS jab at Boots, Asda and Tesco
- What are the flu jab side effects, is the vaccine is safe for children and how to get a free NHS jab at Boots, Tesco and Asda
- What are the flu jab side effects, is the vaccine is safe for children and how to get a free NHS jab at Tesco, Boots and Asda
- Northern Ireland health agency issues vaccination plea after Aussie flu deaths in Republic
Covid-19: 237,204 people in Perak have received at least one dose of vaccine have 546 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.