IPOH: Some 237,204 people in Perak have received their Covid-19 vaccination under the second phase of the national immunisation programme.
Perak health committee chairman Mohd Akmal Kamarudin said these included 90,759 people who have completed two doses of the vaccine.
Mohd Akmal said as of May 28, some 258,958 people have been notified to be vaccinated.
"Between 45 and 55% was a no show.
"These were, however, replaced with those on the waiting list so there were no wastage, " he said in a statement on Friday (May 29).
"Based on the report we received, some missed out on their initial scheduled appointment and came on a different date, " he said, adding that 42.9% or 828,881 of the state's population have registered for the national immunisation programme.
"Some were absent due to being unwell and some had rescheduled, " he added.
Perak Health director Datuk Dr Ding Lay Ming had reportedly said on May 26 that about 9,000 senior citizens had missed their first vaccine dose.
Perak has a population of about 2.6 million people.
Mohd Akmal also said that several private hospitals and clinics have registered and appointed to be vaccination centres under the national immunisation programme.
"The appointment method will be the same as the current vaccination centres, which is through MySejahtera.
"These private premises will help expedite the vaccination process in the state, including big districts like Kinta, Manjung and Larut, Matang and Selama, " he said.
"They are expected to start in the middle of June, pending on their preparations, " he added.
- The HPV Vaccine Doesn’t Deserve Its Reputation. Get It for Your Kids.
- Texas District Attorney: 'I'm Here to Tell You, Vaccines Can and Do Cause Autism'
- Researchers closing in on effective malaria vaccine
- GlaxoSmithKline rolls out pneumococcal vaccine in Kenya
- Yes, the Flu Vaccine Still Works
- Q&A: Robert Bednarczyk, epidemiologist, on the HPV vaccine
- First human trial of inhalable measles vaccine to begin this summer
- The Vaccines You Still Need as an Adult
- Not Even Half of American Teens Finish Their HPV Vaccine Series
- Amish Are Getting Vaccinated After Measles Outbreak in Their Community
- U get vn8td? Text messages help remind parents to vaccinate their kids
- Vaccine-delivery patch shows improved immunity to influenza
- It's Important and Slightly Alarming That Elle Macpherson Is Dating Anti-Vaccine Ex-Doc Andrew Wakefield
- Anti-Vaxx Group Wants to Know Why Study They Funded Shows No Link Between Vaccines and Autism
- It Only Took a Horrible Measles Outbreak to Get California Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids Again
- Anti-Vaccine and Pro-E-Cig: Jenny McCarthy Is the Queen of Good Choices
- A Visualization of How Herd Immunity Works—and Why Vaccines Are Important
- Malaria vaccine could jumpstart world economy
- Merck's HPV vaccine: Effective usage down but sales up
- HPV vaccine for cervical cancer widely ignored
Covid-19: 237,204 people in Perak have received at least one dose of vaccine have 445 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.