PUTRAJAYA: Kuala Lumpur will be placed under the movement control order from May 7 to 20.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the Health Ministry had presented a report on the Covid-19 situation in Kuala Lumpur whereby from April 1 to 27,17 new clusters were recorded.
The number of daily cases also saw a rise in infections.
"After reviewing the situation and following a proposal by the Health Ministry, the government has agreed to place the entire Kuala Lumpur under MCO from May 7 to 20, " he said on Wednesday (May 5).
The standard operating procedure for Kuala Lumpur during MCO is as per what had been announced before.
This includes the prohibition of cross border travel except for emergency and work purposes.
Food premises such as restaurants, food trucks, hawkers and kiosks are allowed to operate from 6am to midnight only.
Dine-ins are not allowed and food served are for delivery and take-outs only.
MORE TO COME
- More than 20 schools placed on 'lockdown' after suspicious threat made against Columbine High School
- Belfast Giants awarded place in Champions Hockey League for 2019-20 season
- The 2019 Wander List: 20 hottest places to travel this year
- University of Catania offers 110 places to non-EU students
- Guam placed in Condition of Readiness 3
- After 20 years trying, I finally get to meet Van...
- Miriam O'Callaghan: 'After 20 years trying, I finally get to meet Van Morrisson...'
- 19 people murdered in Northern Ireland, up 20% since 2017
- Watch: New Orleans Saints fume after obvious missed penalty costs them a place in the Super Bowl
- 20 countries, 20 marquee players
- New maternity package ‘to make NHS best place in the world to give birth’
- Family pay tribute to missing cruise ship entertainer, 20
- 10 things happening in Northern Ireland: January 14-20
- Neil Francis: 'Irish rugby has gone from a joke to the gold standard in 20 years'
- Four men (20s) killed in Donegal car crash
- Nurses calling for better pay and conditions in first strike in 20 years
- From Croke Park tears to Cardiff cheers: 20 of the best moments as the Six Nations reaches its 20th edition
- 'A quarter-final might extend your budget by 20 or 30 grand'
- Ask Allison: 'I'm anxious about my partner's brother and his wife living with us 'until they find a place to rent''
- Paul Whitington's top 20 movies and TV shows this Christmas
KL to be placed under MCO from May 7 to 20 have 363 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.