Jakarta ● Thu, May 6 2021
Factory activity hit another record high in April, with Indonesian businesses benefiting from easing supply chain disruptions and an uptick in global trade.
The Indonesia manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI), which gauges factory activity based on a monthly survey of 400 local manufacturers, increased to 54.6 in April from 53.2 in March, information provider IHS Markit said in a press release on Monday.
A PMI above 50 indicates expansion, while a PMI below 50 indicates contraction.
The latest reading marked sustained expansion over the past six months and a new high for the second consecutive month since the…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- UK, France Send Military Ships to Jersey as Post-Brexit Fishing Row Spirals
- Indonesia posts record manufacturing PMI for 2nd month in row
- At 50.8, India manufacturing PMI hits 10-month low in May
- India Breaks World Record After Posting 6,000 COVID Deaths in a Day
- UK Slams 'Disproportionate' French Threat to Cut Off Power to Jersey in Fishing Rights Row
- Kaylee McKeown breaks 100m backstroke world record at Australian Olympic trials
- World record, challenge to Katie Ledecky stoke U.S.-Australia swim rivalry
- Deadly, devastating second wave turning a corner in TS
- U.S. Justice Department says it’ll no longer seize reporters’ records
- iOS 15, macOS Monterey will support 15-second gameplay recordings via a game controller button
- Athletics: Coe all for innovation in shoe technology as records fall
- China's factory activity slows slightly in May as raw materials costs surge: official PMI
- Services sector activities eased to 3-month low in April
- Factory orders, production rise at slowest rates in 8 months in April in India: PMI
- Asia manufacturing powers ahead, even as China PMI cools
- PMI shows growth remains on right track
- ‘Manufacturing PMI falls to 7-month low in Mar’
- Factory orders, production rise at slowest rates in 8 months
- Japan's service sector shrinks at slowest pace since health crisis started - PMI
Record PMI posted for second month in row have 369 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.