KULAI: A three-year-old girl and her one-year-old sister, who were found wandering around on their own in the middle of the night, have safely been returned to their family thanks to concerned passers-by and the police.
Kulai OCPD Supt Tok Beng Yeow said that the police were alerted to the two young girls by the public at about 11.50pm on Friday (May 28) night.
He said that they were spotted wandering around Kampung Melayu Kulai without their parents.
“The police went to the location to check on them with the person who made the alert. No injuries or signs of abuse or trauma were found on the two girls.
“The police, along with the public then tried to look for the children’s parents and after about 30 minutes, a man showed up and claimed that they were his children,” he said in a statement here on Saturday (May 29).
He said that a video of the two girls had also made the rounds on social media.
“The 24-year-old man was able to provide documents to prove that he is indeed the father and legal guardian of the girls.
“The man acknowledged that he had acted carelessly and had fallen asleep when looking after his children while his wife was working the night shift,” he said, adding that the girls were found about 50m to 100m away from their house.
Supt Tok added that the man received a stern warning from the police.
“We urge the public not to be careless when taking care of their children.
“We would also like to thank the public for their concern and prompt response,” he said.
- More than 1,000 migrant parents reunited with their children; but 463 deported
- Worker tried to warn others FIU bridge was unsafe. The collapse left him in a coma
- Family behind Indonesia church bombings eluded suspicion
- Cause of death released for 13-year-old who died following violent attack near Attucks Middle School
- Video shows woman leaving toddler on stranger's doorstep in Texas and running away
- Immigrant families struggling with trauma of separation
- Family, mourners honor 2-year-old who died after mother was delayed by Trump travel ban
- One boy's tale of family separation heads to court
- Senators Grill ICE, Border Patrol Officials on Family Separations
- Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentist
- Father of slain Parkland teen wants Trump to say his son’s name
- Woods: I’ve let my family down
- Tiger Woods: ‘Personal failings’ let family down
- Family Separation: It’s a Problem for U.S. Citizens, Too
- Separated migrant families on Trump's State of the Union: 'We do not deserve all the damage'
- AP Investigation: Deported parents can lose custody of kids
- Sen. Warren visits detention center, says immigrants were ‘lied to’
- Trump Insisted He Didn't Call Immigrants 'Animals.' But That's How He's Treating Them.
- ‘It’s not like Argo’: the trials of a tour guide in Iran
- Sajid Javid accused by rival Tory ministers of letting power go to his head
Toddlers found wandering around middle of the night reunited with family, father warned not to be careless have 481 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.