KULAI: A three-year-old girl and her one-year-old sister, who were found wandering around on their own in the middle of the night, have safely been returned to their family thanks to concerned passers-by and the police.
Kulai OCPD Supt Tok Beng Yeow said that the police were alerted to the two young girls by the public at about 11.50pm on Friday (May 28) night.
He said that they were spotted wandering around Kampung Melayu Kulai without their parents.
“The police went to the location to check on them with the person who made the alert. No injuries or signs of abuse or trauma were found on the two girls.
“The police, along with the public then tried to look for the children’s parents and after about 30 minutes, a man showed up and claimed that they were his children,” he said in a statement here on Saturday (May 29).
He said that a video of the two girls had also made the rounds on social media.
“The 24-year-old man was able to provide documents to prove that he is indeed the father and legal guardian of the girls.
“The man acknowledged that he had acted carelessly and had fallen asleep when looking after his children while his wife was working the night shift,” he said, adding that the girls were found about 50m to 100m away from their house.
Supt Tok added that the man received a stern warning from the police.
“We urge the public not to be careless when taking care of their children.
“We would also like to thank the public for their concern and prompt response,” he said.
- Toddler Loses Driving Privileges After Riding Toy Tractor To Fair
- Nice's tragic tots: Heartbreaking images of children STILL missing as fears grow for toddler in Nice hospital with 'no visitors'
- US migrant detention centres are overcrowded and families are still being separated
- Voices above the chaos: female war poets from the Middle East
- Eight Things to Know About the Biden Family’s Culture of Corruption
- Boris Johnson BEGGED his brother not to quit: Emotional late-night phone call revealed as Jo Johnson deals the PM a body blow by walking out of Cabinet after 'Stalinist purge' of Remainer rebels
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Introduces Major Character's Parents During Awkward Family Lunch
- My house in the middle of Ed Miliband’s street
- Pike river mine disaster: families fight to stop their dead being sealed away forever
- 6 Ways To Balance Parenthood And A Successful Career
- Lessons from Love and Loss
- Can foreign 'Islamic State' fighters' kids return to Europe?
- Driver unleashes at Prince Philip after car crash, Duke given all clear at hospital
- Heartless Portuguese TV reporter makes cruel Twitter joke at expense of missing Madeleine's parents when she tells misbehaving son 'Stop or I'm going to call the McCanns'
- Summer vacation in Da Lat
- ‘Narcissistic’ mum drowned twins after losing ‘perfect’ life in Qatar
- 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say
- SESAME Field Trip: A crawl to university in Palestine
- A Yazidi mother's torment in Iraq, 4 years after the genocide
- The Raqqa Diaries: life under Isis rule
Toddlers found wandering around middle of the night reunited with family, father warned not to be careless have 499 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.