PETALING JAYA: Those living in areas under the movement control order in Selangor will be allowed inter-district travel to get their AstraZeneca vaccination, says Science, Innovation and Technology Minister Khairy Jamaluddin.
"For MCO districts, you will be allowed to cross district lines for your vaccination appointment.
"Just show proof of your appointment on the MySejahtera website or SMS at district boundaries.
"You will not require a letter from the police, " the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme coordinating minister tweeted yesterday.
This came after Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that MCO will be implemented in six districts in Selangor from May 6-17, and that interstate and inter-district travel will not be allowed.
A total of 286,800 AstraZeneca vaccination slots for those in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor were taken up in three-and-a-half hours after registration opened on Sunday.
On April 14, the National Security Council agreed to loosen travel restrictions for those who had to travel interstate to take their family members or dependents for their vaccination appointments.
However, those travelling interstate for the purpose need to show their vaccination appointment letters to the authorities at state borders.
- Cattle vaccination to begin from February 28 in Tiruchirapalli
- FMD vaccination from Feb. 27
- Child dies in Bomet after reacting to measles vaccine
- Scientists edge closer to creating effective Zika virus vaccine
- Death toll of coronavirus in China crosses 3,000, confirmed cases mounts to over 80,400
- Scientists are already working on a coronavirus vaccine - but warn it will likely be years before there is a shot to prevent the contagious illness which has so far killed 17 people
- Vaccinations a Priority as Measles Cases in the U.S. Number 107 in the First 7 Months of 2018
- Researchers At Pitt Working To Safely And Quickly Develop COVID-19 Vaccine
- Lab monkeys infected with coronavirus in bid to find vaccine
- Mississippi Man Jailed for Burning a Cross Near the Home of an African American Family
- None from Loni crossed border to indulge in violence: Ghaziabad SP
- Mississippi Man Admits Burning Cross Outside Black Family Homes to 'Threaten, Frighten, and Intimidate' Them
- Tusker electrocuted in Chamarajanagar district on World Wildlife Day
- Coronavirus Vaccine Ships From MA To National Institute
- New California school vaccine rules have left nurses, doctors and parents confused
- Vaccination against foot-and-mouth disease
- 11-Month-Old Suffers Stroke After Chickenpox — Shining a Light on the Importance of Vaccines
- Breaking: Scientists develop vaccine against Avian Coronavirus
- First 18,000 Syrian refugees cross Greek border amid fresh tear gas clashes with guards after Turkish president Erdogan vowed to open doors to Europe and KEEP them open
- Australia's coronavirus pandemic plan: mass vaccinations and stadium quarantine
‘You can cross districts for AstraZeneca vaccination’ have 416 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.