Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced that the two-passenger limit will be lifted for taxis and private hire cars (PHC) from June 14.
This is in light of Singapore’s transition out of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), where social gatherings will be increased from two to five people.
Car pooling services
Paid car pooling services that are done through licensed ride-hail platforms, such as GrabHitch and RydePool, may resume from June 14.
However, paid car pooling trips which are arranged through informal platforms, such as those in Telegram groups, remain illegal.
Car pooling trips with families, friends or colleagues, which do not involve payment, are permitted.
But, these trips will be subjected to the prevailing permissible group size of five people.
Continuation of Covid-19 procedures
Taxi, PHC drivers and passengers are still required to wear masks at all times.
Passengers who refuse to wear their masks should be refused entry into the taxi or PHC.
LTA strongly encourages taxi drivers, PHC drivers and passengers to bring their TraceTogether token or have their TraceTogether app switched on in their smartphone to facilitate contact tracing efforts.
Contact tracing allows for early detection of close contact with confirmed Covid-19 cases that will help to protect drivers, passengers and their loved ones, and prevent further spread in the community.
Top image via Unsplash.
- Hey, taxi! Lamborghini Huracan will get you there fast, but the fare is steep
- Taxi Driver is Industry’s 8th Suicide This Year, TLC Says
- How Lowering the Speed Limit Can Actually Hurt Pedestrians
- Why Are New York Taxi Drivers Committing Suicide?
- Crew Dragon and Starliner: A Look at the Upcoming Astronaut Taxis
- Navya readies robo-taxi for public rides at CES 2018
- Here's Why NVIDIA Can Sideswipe Alphabet In Autonomous Cars
- DT10: Cars. For tomorrow’s cars, going driverless is just the beginning
- London taxis united by One Number software
- Former Google self-driving wiz will help Volkswagen and Hyundai build fully autonomous cars
- Taxi company sells for less than a house in San Francisco
- Head of NYC's Taxi Commission Leaving After 5 Years
- 'A Car in Deep Space': Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster Leaves Earth With 'Easter Eggs'
- Tesla’s ‘Smart Summon’ Will Fetch Your Car—Sometimes
- Had a Few Too Many? Your Car's Gonna Know
- Hands On: How Mazda's Gasoline-Powered Diesel May Lift MPG 20-30 Percent
- Norway’s First Self-Driving Bus Starting Operations In June
- Former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick keeps his cool during self-driving car courtroom drama
- Taking London’s new electric taxi for a ride
- Navya's Cab could be your first self-driving car experience
2-passenger limit in taxis & private hire cars will be lifted from June 14 have 414 words, post on mothership.sg at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.