The Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed 13 new cases of Covid-19 in Singapore on Sunday, June 13.
This brings the total number of Covid-19 cases in Singapore to 62,276.
There are 10 new cases of locally transmitted Covid-19 infection.
Eight are linked to previous cases, amongst whom five have already been placed on quarantine, and three were detected through surveillance.
There are no new cases reported in the dormitories.
Two unlinked community cases
There are two cases in the community today that are unlinked to previous cases.
- 23-year-old male India national who works as a nursing aide at All Saints Home (Hougang)
- Asymptomatic, detected when he was treated for Covid-19 on June 11 as part of the nursing home’s surveillance testing for staff and an individual test was done on the same day
- Individual test result came back negative for Covid-19 on June 11, but another test administered on June 12 came back positive for Covid-19 infection
- Very high Ct value, which is indicative of a low viral load
- Serology test result is positive
- Likely to be shedding minute fragments of the virus RNA from a past infection, which are no longer transmissible and infective to others
- MOH has taken all necessary public health actions
- Received first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on Mar. 10, second dose on Mar. 31
- 27-year-old male India national who works as an engineer at Ecoxplore Pte Ltd
- Tested for Covid-19 on June 10 as part of Rostered Routine Testing (RRT)
- Developed a fever on June 10
- Pooled test result came back positive for Covid-19 on June 11, individual test was administered
- Individual test result came back positive for Covid-19 infection on June 12
- Serology test result is negative
Eight of the community cases are linked to clusters.
Of the eight:
- Four are linked to the 115 Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre cluster, all of whom are already quarantined.
- Two are linked to the Case 64184 cluster, who were detected through surveillance.
- One is linked to other cases and is already quarantined.
- One was detected through surveillance.
The remaining cases announced today include three imported cases from India and Indonesia.
There are now 48 active Covid-19 clusters in Singapore, with the biggest being the Changi Airport Terminal 3 cluster with 108 cases.
31 cases discharged
31 more cases of Covid-19 infection have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities.
In all, 61,869 have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities.
There are currently 130 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and one is in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
243 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for Covid-19.
34 have passed away from complications due to Covid-19 infection.
An overview of the local Covid-19 situation in the past weeks can be found here:
- Spore Walkthrough
- FIFA 19 review – EA’s latest just manages to score off the cross bar
- MLB The Show 19 Releases Next March, Bryce Harper Revealed as Cover Athlete for an Undermined Team
- Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters charged with rioting, including a 16-year-old girl, show up in court as supporters demand their release
- The Last of Us 2 makes you feel like the monster
- Lawless London: Police hunt for cyclist who ran red light and clipped City worker as he crossed the road - then got off his bike to HEAD-BUTT him in front of horrified onlookers
- Premature Evaluation: Oxygen Not Included
- Trump brings home American hostages through policy and focus, experts say
- The Sinking City: we tackle the first two cases of the detective RPG that rewards keen minds and lateral thought
- MLB The Show 19 takes a trip through baseball history
- This Week in Games: October 19, 2012
- StarCraft: The past, present and future
- Big sticks get some soft speaking in MLB The Show 19’s career mode
- "I feel like I need a chemical scrub… of the soul"
- What it's like to go to college on an esports scholarship
- 'Stay away!' Iran's President Rouhani issues chilling warning to the West to keep out of the Gulf as he parades nation's military hardware - including missiles which could reach US bases - after America sent reinforcements to the region
- When life is a fate worse than death
- How True Detective season 3 finale connected all the mystery’s dots
- The 25 best-selling games of the last generation
- Stan Lee’s comics legacy is embroiled in accusations, lawsuits and challenges
2 unlinked Covid-19 cases in S'pore include 1 worker at Hougang nursing home, likely from past infection have 738 words, post on mothership.sg at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.