Carbis Bay, England ● Fri, June 11 2021
United States President Joe Biden will bring a grave Brexit warning to his first meeting with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson: Prevent a row with the European Union from imperiling the delicate peace in Northern Ireland.
On his first trip abroad since taking office in January, Biden meets Johnson on Thursday in the English seaside resort of Carbis Bay ahead of a Friday-Sunday Group of Seven summit, a NATO summit on Monday, a US-European Union summit on Tuesday and a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva, Switzerland, the following day.
Biden will try to use the trip to burnish his multilateral credentials after the tumult of Donald Trump’s presidency, which left many US allies in Europe and Asia bewildered and some alienated.
Biden, though, has an uncomfortable message for Johnson, one of the leaders of the 2016 Brexit campaign:…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Kim Jong Un Joins Air Force Drills As North Korea Sends Warning to Donald Trump
- North Korea snubs Trump, saying he hasn't earned a new summit to 'brag about'
- EU willing to extend Brexit transition, says Irish foreign minister
- North Korea’s Secret Missile Bases Don’t Violate Its Promises to Trump — It Never Made Any
- If we cared about peace we would be talking to Hamas
- North Korea rocket launch prompts international condemnation
- Kimvincibles: North Korean leader poses with paratroopers in 'team photo' during military drills as he vows to create an 'invincible army'
- The North Korea summit farce makes it clear again: Trump is dangerous
- Lasting peace in Israel requires two-state solution, says Cameron
- ‘This daughter of immigrants needs no lectures from the north London, metropolitan, liberal elite’: Home Secretary Priti Patel vows to end freedom of movement 'once and for all' after Brexit
- 'We see a pathway to a deal': Boris Johnson and Leo Varadkar hold out hope that there COULD be a Brexit breakthrough after last-ditch talks at luxury Cheshire wedding venue - but Irish PM warns 'there is many a slip between cup and lip'
- Guy Verhofstadt labels Boris Johnson a 'TRAITOR' for 'pushing Britain out of the EU' as furious war of words erupts between the UK and Brussels over Brexit stalemate
- Brexit is unnecessary. We have a plan to build a modern Britain
- Boris Johnson's final masterplan for a Brexit deal is revealed: EU envoy delivers five-point alternative to the backstop to Brussels - as Number 10 warns PM will BOYCOTT summit if leaders reject it
- 'He's gone Kamikaze': Boris Johnson faces EU fury as he prepares to unveil 'final offer' Brexit blueprint TODAY that would see 'two borders for four years' - warning No Deal is the only alternative
- 'They'd have impeached George Washington!' Republican Devin Nunes claims Democrats would have gone after the first president for trying to make a peace treaty with the British
- Brexit: Theresa May secures Cabinet support for draft deal
- Libya’s Hifter tells Macron no cease-fire without negotiator
- EU Customs Union, Single Market, Brexit — What you need to know
- Obama’s parting shot at Netanyahu is a futile gesture
Biden warns Britain: Don't imperil North Irish peace have 580 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.