BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN (Borneo Bulletin/ANN): The Public Works Department (JKR), Ministry of Development assured the public that every step has been taken to address the low water supply as soon as possible.
JKR also updated on the status of the yellow water where work to overcome the problem is being implemented.
Due to the inconsistent raw water quality of Tutong River and containing high/dark colour unit, the Bukit Barun water treatment plant has increased desludging operations to reduce floc and prevent the water filtration system from clogging.
The operation resulted in the disruption of water supply and low water pressure in some areas, especially in highlands.
Some affected areas include Kampong Telanai, Kampong Tumasek, Kampong Masin, Kampong Tungku, STKRJ Kampong Rimba, Kampong Beribi, Kampong Kiarong, Kampong Pelambayan, Kampong Sungai Matan, Kampong Dato Gandi, Kampong Lambak Kanan, Kampong Subok, Kampong Belimbing, Kampong Lumapas and Kampong Kuala Lurah.
The department provided blue water tanks to the affected areas at Taman Serubing Kampong Subok, Kampong Belimbing Mosque, Office Post in Kuala Lurah, Simpang 46-12 STKRJ Kampong Lumapas and RPN Kampong Lambak Kanan at Jalan 49, Jalan 64, Jalan 11, near Dato Marsal School, Police Post area near Jalan 77 Community Hall, RPN Lambak Kanan Mosque and near the Department of Co-Curriculum Education.
JKR also distributed water bags to residents. Affected residents can go to the area and are advised to bring their own water bottles and containers. – Borneo Bulletin/Asia News Network
- New Mexico groups share federal funding for water planning
- Da Nang: Dams built to deal with lack of fresh water
- Every drop counts: why grey water recycling is a must
- Dams built to deal with lack of fresh water
- Without clean water, fighting diseases is a pipe dream
- Ford reveals its ventilators will be ready by June while Elon Musk is praised for 'heroic effort' after delivering 1,000 ventilators to California hospital and 50,000 masks to Seattle researchers during coronavirus crisis
- Water saving an important but ignored weapon in solving climate crisis, says UN
- Water is an under-used weapon in climate change fight, UN says
- Around 10% of the world population can't get clean water. Here's how you can help on World Water Day
- The unlisted: how people without an address are stripped of their basic rights
- States are desperate for supplies and out of patience as coronavirus needs increase
- Rebel-held Syria braces for coronavirus 'tsunami' -- without soap, running water or the prospect of social distancing
- New York Gov. Cuomo says social distancing efforts are working to slow coronavirus
- Water Advisory In Effect In Norton
- Low crude oil prices cast a shadow on India’s oil and gas E&P prospects
- Pinellas County's Water And Wastewater During Coronavirus
- Pasta, rice running low as massive stockpiling drains drought decimated supply
- Where is water for grassroots women to wash their hands?
- Water main break in Houston strands drivers, closes schools
- Northland drought: Water restrictions could continue through winter in big dry
Brunei in all-out effort to address low water supply have 466 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.