Ottawa ● Sat, June 12 2021
A Canadian man accused of slamming his pick-up truck into a Muslim family in London, Ontario, killing four people, made a brief court appearance on Thursday as new details emerged about him in the local press.
Nathaniel Veltman, 20, appeared by videoconference at the hearing in orange prison garb with cropped hair, to sort out his legal representation. A new court date was set for June 14.
Veltman, who has never been convicted of a crime and has no known extremist group affiliations, has been charged with four counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder. A 9-year-old boy orphaned in the ramming suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
If found guilty Veltman faces life in prison.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has called the attack on a family out for a Sunday evening stroll a “terrorist attack.”<…>
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- In wheelchair, Joseph DeAngelo makes first court appearance in Golden State Killer case
- France stunned after truck attacker kills 84 on Bastille Day in Nice
- New York Attack Suspect Acted for Daesh According to Note Left in Truck
- SF Bayview attack: Suspect arrested in robbery, hate crime against elderly Asian man
- Appeals court in SF grants Trump emergency stay of its ruling in asylum-seeker case
- Trump's anti-regulatory push faces major Supreme Court test
- A police raid, viral videos and the broken lives of Nigerian gay law suspects
- Devin Patrick Kelley: What we know about the Texas church shooting suspect
- Benghazi Mission Attack Fast Facts
- Afghan father demands Kunduz airstrike justice before Europe's human rights court
- UK police arrest two more for truck disaster that killed 39 Vietnamese
- EXCLUSIVE: Chad Daybell spotted hauling furniture into a moving truck outside his Hawaii apartment as wife 'cult mom' Lori Vallow is held on $5M bail and will be extradited to Idaho over disappearance of her two children
- Terror suspect cleared of sword attack on police outside Buckingham Palace was 'animated and smiling' when he told undercover officer about plot to kill 'as many people as possible' in van attack on Gay Pride parade, jury hears
- Forcing suspected coronavirus patients into quarantine 'could cause long-term mental health problems including PTSD, depression and drug abuse'
- U.S. Supreme Court open to more damages against Sudan over embassy bombings
- How's that for balance? U.S. woman becomes first person to walk a slackline between two trucks driving at full speed
- Panic alarm, a safe house and round-the-clock protection: Terror suspect Qatada is back on the streets… and it’ll cost us £10,000 a week to keep HIM safe
- Canada: Trudeau on back foot as frustration builds over PM's climate strategy
- Manchester concert bombing suspect kept in custody
- Bay Briefing: Who can be tested for coronavirus expands
Canada truck attack suspect makes brief court appearance have 518 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.