Jakarta ● Fri, June 11 2021
Government officials have sent mixed messages about the country's net-zero emissions pledge and the future of coal.
The Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry's electricity director general, Rida Mulyana, said the ministry was drafting a revision to its electricity procurement plan (RUPTL) to increase the share of renewables in the country's energy mix to 48 percent, leaving 52 percent for fossil fuels. As it stands, fossil fuel energy accounts for 70 percent of the mix.
The ministry also released a report earlier this year that included a pledge to attain net-zero emissions in the power sector by 2050.
Just a few days later, Rida said that there was "no urgency" for the government to reveal any targets for net-zero emissions and that it would continue to operate existing coal plants until their "natural retirement&rdquo…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- ZTE Axon 7 Mini review: Not quite as good as its bigger brother
- How can nonsmokers get COPD?
- Sound and Fury in this Vegas mismatch
- NASA Accepts Melting Ice In Arctic As The New Normal
- Tesla's Future In An America Ruled By Donald Trump
- Badlands National Park Deleted Tweets On Climate Change
- Doomsday Clock Is Now Two And A Half Minutes To Midnight
- Wyoming Explosion Leads To Mass Evacuation
- World’s First Solar-Powered Airplane Begins Round-the-World Tour
- Drone On
- Sony Says Bye Bye-O To Vaio: Is TV Next?
- The Business Disease Without A Cure: Big Bang Disruption
- WIPP Is Still The Best And Only Choice For Nuclear Waste
- Greenpeace Says Amazon Cloud Operation Lags On Green Credentials
- This week in games: KFC's creepy VR training, Anno 1800 revealed, Brink goes free-to-play
- Can Natural Gas Weather The Cold?
- Working On The Cost Predictions Of Green Tech
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC review impressions: This gorgeous, mostly smooth game is no Unity
- Cyberwar: The smart person's guide
- Look Closely for Coco Gauff’s Homage to New York Tennis
Coaling it quits have 385 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.