MELAKA: A purported high ranking police officer, high on the wanted list, was recently arrested at an undisclosed location in Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Melaka Commercial Crime Investigation Department chief Supt E. Sundra Rajan said his team managed to trace the conman, who often impersonates an Assistant Commissioner from Pahang police headquarters.
“The arrest of the suspect, who is wanted for a few cheating cases, was made a few days ago,” he said on Thursday (June 10).
Supt Sundra said his team started tracking the 37-year-old suspect after he duped a 49-year-old man and stole RM2mil which the victim received as insurance compensation after the death of his elder brother, recently.
“The victim had lost the money in 164 bank transactions made by the suspect between Jan 11 to Jan 20 into 17 bank accounts,” he said.
Supt Sundra said the victim was threatened by the suspect, claiming Pahang police were investigating him for money laundering.
“This is when the victim revealed the details of his two bank accounts where the insurance money was deposited,” he said.
Supt Sundra said preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect who worked as a salesman at a company in Kuala Lumpur had received RM331, 500 out of the RM2mil through 39 transactions into two of his bank accounts.
“We are still investigating how the suspect is linked to the remaining 15 bank accounts,” he said.
He said the suspect was placed under remand and the investigation papers were submitted to the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s Office.
Supt Sundra said the suspect could be charged with 39 counts of fraud under Section 424 of the Penal Code for fraudulently removing the property of another person.
He added the suspect would be brought to the Ayer Keroh Court on Friday (June 11).
- Police officer punches woman in New Jersey beach arrest video
- Woman discovered boyfriend was undercover police officer
- As Chicago police mourn yet another officer suicide, retired cop says there's no shame in asking for help
- A 6-year-old girl with cancer is fulfilling her dream of becoming a police officer
- Police officer 'shot suspect in face with Taser during roadside row'
- 6-year-old girl with incurable cancer becomes honorary police officer
- Lying police officer's friendship with juror wrecked murder trial
- Police officer adopts homeless mother's opioid-addicted newborn
- After responding to a call, a police officer played dolls with the kids
- St. Louis police officer charged with involuntary manslaughter in fatal shooting of fellow officer
- Police officer 'didn't know who Tommy Robinson was' in Cambridge
- Boeing crash investigation hindered by police officers taking SELFIES
- Columbus Police Officer Allegedly Arrested Women, Forced Them to Have Sex With Him
- Baltimore police officer seeks to humanize cops, connect with community through rap
- Cop killed in River North shooting always ‘knew he wanted to be a police officer’
- Police officer's experiment to fight opioid epidemic starts with ditching uniform
- School student is taken into custody for fighting with police officer
- Elite French police officers found guilty of raping Canadian tourist
- Police officers call for emergency stop and search powers to stem knife crime epidemic
- Five DEAD in Illinois workplace MASSACRE - Five police officers also injured
Conman who told victim he was a police officer nab by the real cops have 498 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.