KOTA BARU: The government will be supplying the CanSino vaccine to Kelantan in July to inoculate people living in the interior including Orang Asli.
National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme coordinating minister Khairy Jamaluddin, however, said the total number of vaccine to be distributed to Kelantan would be announced after the government acquired the vaccine next month.
"The one-dose vaccine is important to enable the authorities to vaccinate residents in the interior including Orang Asli in Gua Musang, Kuala Krai and so on, as there is no need to enter the areas twice, " he said.
He was speaking at a media conference with Kelantan Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob after the Kelantan Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force meeting at Kota Darulnaim Complex here yesterday.
Earlier, Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the CanSino and Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccines, which only needed one dose, had been approved for conditional registration for emergency use.
Dr Noor Hisham said the approval was given at the 359th meeting of the Drug Control Authority two days ago.
Khairy also said the vaccination of Kelantan's population of about 1.2 million would be completed by October.
He said it was based on the state government's target of administering 30, 000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines a day from next month.
"We will provide another 550,000 doses of vaccine to Kelantan next month thus enabling the state to increase the administration rate to 30,000 doses a day or at least 20,000 (doses) a day, " he said.
Khairy said he was confident that the target could be achieved following the positive development of the immunisation programme, including the vaccination outreach programmes. — Bernama
- DepEd, DOH, DILG to monitor children who received Dengvaxia
- Was Aquino’s P3.5B purchase of the dengue vaccine the worst case of corruption ever?
- LPPKN Clinics Have Run Out Of Free HPV Vaccines. When Will New Stocks Arrive?
- Justice probes Garin role in vaccine deal
- DepEd to monitor pupils who received Dengvaxia
- Boy vaccinated with Dengvaxia in Talisay City hospitalized
- Western Visayas pediatricians to meet vaccine manufacturer
- LP appeals for impartial probe into dengue vaccine program
- Marawi hospital receives donations from ICRC
- Tacloban residents urged to use anti-drugs mobile app
- Health Office: Dengvaxia not used in Bacolod
- DepEd monitors students administered with Dengvaxia
- Palace: People behind Dengvaxia anomaly will be held accountable
- Palace vows probe into Dengvaxia deal
- With Anwar's Departure, A Second Major By-Election Looms Ahead For Permatang Pauh
- EC Gazettes Official GE13 Results, 21-Day Period Starts May 23
- Measles surges back
- The biggest scientific discoveries in every state
- DOH anti-measles drive hits roadblocks
- Orang Asli Students' Tragedy: Latest Updates And Everything You Should Know
Kelantan to receive CanSino vaccine for residents in the interior have 427 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.