MANILA (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN): The Department of Energy (DOE) is investigating if there was collusion among power firms amid the rotational brownouts experienced in Luzon earlier this month.
During the hearing of the Senate Committee on Energy on Thursday (June 10), DOE Secretary Alfonso Cusi said the "ultimate cause" of the rotational brownout was the forced and unplanned outages of several major power plants servicing the Luzon region.
"The loss of supply from major power plants happened simultaneously. That is the ultimate cause, " Cusi said.
"We are already investigating these power plants and we have asked the assistance of the Department of Justice, the Philippine Competition Commission, and the Energy Regulatory Commission to determine if there was collusion. If found to be so, proper charges shall be filed against those who are responsible, " he added.
The DOE earlier said that the red alert power status in Luzon may persist until this week if the power plants are not in full operation.
Nonetheless, DOE Director of Electric Power Industry Management Bureau (EPIMB) Mario Marasigan expressed hopes that rotational brownouts may no longer be implemented by mid-month as the agency projects the Luzon grid will only be under "yellow alert" by June 11. – Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network
- Trump Steps Up Mueller Attack as Russia Probe Hits Close to Home
- 'London-style' bus network for Teesside probe
- UK weather forecast – Chaos at Stansted Airport as lightning strike takes out fuel system amid ‘danger to life’ flood warnings
- The inside story of how Trump's Chief of Staff lost his power
- James Comey interview: Trump 'morally unfit' to be president as a man who treats women 'like pieces of meat,' says former FBI chief
- Breaking a downward spiral: Trump-Putin meeting a breakthrough regardless of practical outcome
- Trump can probably pardon self: Giuliani
- Trump could pardon himself, his lawyer claims
- How to Think About the Threat to America
- Full text: Trump and Putin’s press conference, transcribed
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on June 17, 2018
- Trump-Putin summit: Russia never interfered in US electoral process – Putin
- Pulitzer Prize: New York Times, Washington Post and The New Yorker win for Weinstein and Russia investigations
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on June 3, 2018
- Full transcript: 'Face the Nation' on April 15, 2018
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on June 10, 2018
- The Week In Russia: What To Expect From The Trump-Putin Summit
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on July 29, 2018
- Trump rails against 'Deep State,' blames Obama hacking response
- Trump responds to Russian hacking indictment by blaming Obama administration
Philippine DOE probing possible collusion of power firms amid Luzon power outages have 409 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.