Geneva, Switzerland ● Fri, June 11 2021
Switzerland votes on Sunday on a series of hot topics: anti-terror measures, COVID-19 laws and proposals to protect the environment through banning synthetic pesticides.
Swiss voters must decide whether they approve a COVID-19 law that extends the government’s powers to fight the pandemic and mitigate its consequences on society and the economy.
But the two antipesticide proposals have triggered the most noise and fury, in an electoral campaign marked by fiery debates between farmers.
The first popular initiative, entitled “For a Switzerland free from synthetic pesticides”, calls for a domestic ban within 10 years, while imported foodstuffs produced using such pesticides would also be outlawed.
Under the second, “For clean drinking water and healthy food”, only farms that do not use pesticides and use antibiotics only to …
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Pregnant women’s COVID-19 test issue turned into bureaucratic nightmare: HC to AAP govt
- Covid-19: Disneyland issues safety guidelines as it prepares to reopen on July 11
- COVID-19: Protocol issued for MPs ahead of Parl panel meet
- NASA’s Hubble successor delayed again due to Covid-19, other issues
- COVID-19 Vaccine Faces Challenge of Confidence
- US COVID-19 Cases Rising, But Deaths Flat, for Now
- WHO Team Heads to China to Investigate COVID-19 Origins
- As US COVID-19 Cases Rise, Deaths Flat, for Now
- How Does COVID-19 Affect Kids? Science Has Answers and Gaps
- UN: COVID-19 Worsening World Hunger
- COVID-19 Creates Leg Room for Greece’s Congested Capital
- Doctors complain of bad treatment by IAS officers in Andhra Pradesh, threaten to stay off Covid-19 duties
- COVID-19 pandemic is not a break for nature ― Report
- 49ers Star Richard Sherman, NFL Players Lash Out Over League’s COVID-19 Reopening Plans
- Kerala High Court asks political parties to strictly adhere to COVID-19 protocol
- EU Leaders Seek Agreement on COVID-19 Recovery Fund
- EU Leaders Hold Summit on COVID-19 Recovery Plan, Multi-Year Budget
- Assam’s flood-affected battle Covid-19 in relief camps; none infected yet
- Tokyo Games face skeptics, 1-day COVID-19 infection record
- FDA begins crackdown on black-marketing of scarce Covid-19 drugs - Remdesivir, Tocilizamab
Swiss to decide on terrorism, COVID-19, environment issues have 407 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.