Tra fish exports are likely to surpass 2 billion USD for the first time this year, presenting an opportunity for Vietnam 's aquatic product exports to realise or even exceed its yearly goal of 9 billion USD.
Tra fish is one of three key aquatic exports of Vietnam, alongside shrimp and tuna.
In January-July, tra fish shipped overseas reeled in nearly 1.2 billion USD, up about 20 percent year-on-year.
The figure means Vietnam exported 200 million USD of Tra fish on a monthly average, up 50 million USD compared to the same periods in recent years.
Meanwhile, shrimp and tuna exports are predicted to hit 4-4.2 billion USD and hit 560 million USD by year's end, respectively.
According to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers the 9 billion USD export target set for the sector in 2018 is within reach.
In the first eight months of 2018, fishery exports were estimated at nearly 5.5 billion USD.-VNA
- VN's export of aquatic products grows strongly
- Fishing report for week of Aug. 29-Sept. 4
- Fishing report for week of Oct. 10-16
- Yamaha India to start exports of Saluto and Saluto RX this year to Africa
- Fishermen urged to use digital economic potential to sell fish
- The Dirt On Rare Earth
- Toyota’s Secret Weapon: Low Cost Car Factories
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: SEPTEMBER 2016
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: December 2016
- Hero, Honda and Bajaj record new highs in FY2016-17
- For one World Cup, England failed to be England, and it was beautiful
- Recharge Wrap-up: Tesla to build own Autopilot chip, Gigafactory employs 850 with more to come
- Bajaj Auto reveals new V brand and new 150cc commuter motorcycle
- Oddball Car Collector Extraordinaire Myron Vernis’ 1972 Mazda Cosmo and 1968 Toyota Sports 800
- The Empire Strikes Back: Anglo Quirkiness at the British Invasion of Stowe
- Volvo V50 T5 AWD
Tra fish shipments give hope to aquatic product exports have 284 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.