Bukit Aman Malaysian Royal Police raided a police station in Kajang, Selangor, that was the site of a “wild party”.
A total of eight people were arrested in the raid, including an officer-in-charge of the police station, three other police officers and four women.
The raid took place on July 20, following a tip-off from a member of public, Malay Mail reported.
Party took place in a “special room”
Berita Harian reported that the party took place in a “special room” on the second floor of the station.
There was a disco ball fitted in the said room, the report added.
The group was found to be dancing and singing when the station was raided by police at 6pm.
China Press reported that the music was so loud, the group did not hear the police knocking at the door.
The other police seized a bottle of liquor, five bottles of ketum drinks, lighting and audio equipment, and obscene photographs of the policemen with a woman who was detained together with them during the raid.
Violating Covid-19 SOP
The director for Bukit Aman Standards Compliance Integrity Department Azri Ahmad mentioned that the alleged actions of the group breached Covid-19 rules.
“The action of the officer, personnel and others involved violates the Covid-19 standard operating procedure,” he said, according to Malaysiakini .
He added that there will not be any compromise for anyone found guilty of violating the rules.
Top image via Matthew LeJune/Unsplash
- Georgia police force handling Ahmaud Arbery's case faces calls to be disbanded for its checkered history of cover-ups and scandal including narcotics officer who slept with an informant - as hundreds gather for Justice4Ahmaud rally
- Four Minneapolis police officers fired after death of unarmed man George Floyd
- Four Minneapolis Police Officers Fired Following Death Of Black Man After Cop Kneeled on His Neck
- Jay and Isaiah Stephens sentenced for bashing Victorian police officer
- Japanese Police Formally Arrest Suspect in Deadly 2019 Arson Attack
- The Police Officer Who Killed Eric Garner Will Officially Not Be Charged With Any Crimes
- Watch: Amy Schumer Asks Police to Arrest Her During Brett Kavanaugh Protest at Hart Senate Building
- Driver detained, prosecuted for knocking over traffic police officer
- Moment Idaho mother-of-four, 40, is arrested for using closed playground, sparking mass anti-lockdown protest
- San Leandro woman arrested, charged with posting racist messages on homes
- 2 Hospitalized In Machete Attack Near Oakland Fruitvale BART Station
- 2 Officers Injured In South Sacramento Crash
- Britain gets back to work: Police patrol stations as services return to 70% capacity - but commuters are enraged by short trains and lack of face-masks
- George Floyd death: How cop's actions sparked wild protests
- Massive block party in Florida ended in multiple arrests and accusations of racial profiling
- Black Lives Matter protester is left unconscious after falling from hood of police cruiser that was attacked as Los Angeles highway was closed down by demonstration in support of George Floyd
- Philadelphia Police Bust Wild Memorial Day Party Of Up To 250 People In Vacant Brewerytown Lot
- Julian Assange faces a year in British jail after dramatic arrest at Ecuadorian Embassy – as US demand we hand him over
- Retired police officer recalls the harrowing moment he found a woman dying at home after being attacked by her partner as he urges forces to make tackling domestic violence a priority to save lives
- Police release heavily-censored bodycam footage of George Floyd's arrest which they claim exonerates one officer and shows two of the victim's 'buddies' being arrested as he lay dying on the street
8 people, including 4 police officers, arrested for 'wild party' at M'sian police station have 578 words, post on mothership.sg at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.