According to Brunei’s Ministry of Health, two of the new cases arrived in the country from Indonesia via Singapore on July 11, 2021, who had no signs of infection.
The other six cases arrived in the country from Jakarta, Indonesia on July 18, 2021, onboard the same flight with a patient recorded on Friday. Five of the six cases show no signs of infection and the contact tracing has found 10 close contacts for all the six cases.
All the new cases were detected when they were undergoing quarantine and they are being treated and monitored at the National Isolation Center with 41 other active patients, who are all in a stable condition.
With the detection of the new cases, a total of 180 imported cases have been confirmed since the last local infection case on May 6, 2020. Brunei has recorded 444 days without local Covid-19 infection cases.
There have been a total of 269 recovered patients and three deaths reported from Covid-19 so far in the country.
The health ministry also said that as of July 23, 119,721 individuals had received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccines, accounting for about 26.4 percent of Brunei’s total population.
Brunei previously announced that COVID-19 vaccines, including those from Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, China’s Sinopharm, would be administered in the country.
All Brunei citizens and residents, including foreign nationals with a valid identification card, can receive the Covid-19 vaccination for free. – Xinhua
- New King County measles case – PUBLIC HEALTH INSIDER
- First in Europe: Spain reports Zika-related birth defects case
- New 'Wave' of Cholera Cases Likely to Hit Yemen: UN
- Number of Adenovirus Cases in Pediatric Facility Rises as Multiple Medical Centers in New Jersey Battle Outbreaks
- 78 new measles cases reported nationwide since last week, CDC says
- Number of measles cases in U.S. jumps to 465, most affected at children
- Number of measles cases in U.S. jumps to 465, most affected are children
- National Tuberculosis Programme Annual Report 2019
- Dead Bodies Identified in Case of Former NJ Resident Charged With Kidnapping, Sex Assault
- Socks Help Solve 28-Year-Old Cold Case Murder, Authorities Say
- Measles cases surpass 300 this year, CDC says
- Harvey Weinstein's Attorney to Withdraw From NYC Criminal Case: Report
- Justice Department Still Hasn't Decided on Whether to File Charges in Eric Garner Case: Officials
- First US case of rat-sourced virus from the Andes reported
- Officials Confirm 15th Case of Measles in New Jersey County
- Confirmed Cases of Flu Rising Across New York State
- Man Arrested in Case of NJ Kidnapping Victim Girl Found in Trunk; Cops Seek 2nd Suspect
- More Than 100,000 Languishing Rape Kits Tested Thanks to $38 Million New York Investment, Over 1,000 Arrested
- NY Judge Blasts Alleged Drunk Boy Scout Killer for Delaying Case as Family Demands Justice
- New York City declares a public health emergency amid Brooklyn measles outbreak
Brunei reports eight new imported Covid-19 cases, 321 cases in total - all from Indonesia but no local cases for 444 days have 439 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.