KUALA LUMPUR: Police are expected to take statements from five Sekretariat Solidariti Rakyat members on Sunday (Aug 1) over their roles as organisers of the ‘Keluar dan #Lawan’ protest here.
In a statement on Saturday (July 31), Sekretariat Solidariti Rakyat said the five were called to have their statements taken at the Dang Wangi police headquarters at 10am on Sunday.
“The five are Mohamad Al Shatri Abdullah, Mohammad Asraf Sharafi Mohammad Azhar, Tharmelinggem Pillai, Qyira Yusri dan Sevan Doraisamy.
Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Zainal Abdullah said they would call the organisers and whoever attended the rally at a later date.
“We have our ways of identifying all those who attended and will take their statements.
“The fact is we are still under the movement control order, and no public assemblies are allowed including sports, religious and social gatherings,” he told reporters at the Dang Wangi police headquarters on Saturday (July 31).
- Congress To Hold Rally At Ramlila Maidan On Unemployment, Privatisation, EVM Tampering On Dec 1
- N’Assembly may pass 2020 budget next week Wednesday – Lawan
- Did the Head of the US’ Biggest Cop Union Just Threaten Quentin Tarantino?
- Do the BEAR banking reforms have bite if APRA believes it is not a corporate cop?
- British cops refuse to reopen sex trafficking probe after claims by Prince Andrew’s accuser Virginia Roberts
- California Assembly Passes Bill Policing When Cops Can Use Deadly Force
- Justice Department Won’t Charge Cop Who Killed Eric Garner, Saying It Can’t Prove He Meant Harm
- Telangana Rape-Murder: 3 Cops Suspended over Delay in Filing FIR; Protesters Demand Death Penalty for Accused
- Telangana Doctor Rape-Murder: Huge Protests Over Vet's Killing; 3 Cops Suspended, Suspects Detained | 10 Points
- Indiabulls’ shares rally after govt clean chit for some loans
- AFP officer is found dead in a Melbourne hotel after she emailed a suicide note accusing police of 'toxic bullying' - as she becomes the sixth federal cop to kill themselves in two years
- COP21 climate marches in Paris not authorised following attacks
- Paris climate talks: delegates reach agreement on final draft text
- Mexican authorities rescue 74 dehydrated migrants, including four children, crammed inside a fake 'DHL truck' bound for the US
- Daphne Caruana Galizia: police quiz Malta PM's ex-chief of staff
- The drastic call to jail vegan ‘terrorists’ who target farmers with intimidation on their properties
- Police officer’s last message: ‘F**k the police, f*** the army’
- Female teaching assistant, 51, arrested for ‘having sex with boy, 16, in storage unit after his gran found sexts’
- Senate to probe alleged diversion of $1.05bn by NNPC
- Buhari’s third term agenda not a matter of trust
Cops to take statements from five #Lawan rally organisers have 416 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.