PUTRAJAYA: Only 374 cases, or 2.1%, of the 17,405 Covid-19 cases reported Wednesday (July 27) had serious symptoms and are in Category 3, 4, and 5, says Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
The Health director-general added that 97.9% (17,031) of the new cases showed mild or no symptoms.
Dr Noor Hisham also said Malaysia reported another 143 coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, bringing the national Covid-19 death toll to 8,551.
He said 123 of the casualties were Malaysians while 20 were foreigners.
About 114 had underlying conditions, while the rest had no history of comorbidities.
Some 14 fatalities were “brought-in-dead” cases.
Selangor has the most number of fatalities with 41 deaths.
Other states with death cases are Negri Sembilan (21 deaths), Johor (17), Kuala Lumpur (14), Perak (11), Kedah (10), Sabah (nine), Melaka (seven), Penang (five), Kelantan (five) and Pahang (three).
Currently, there are 1,016 patients at Intensive Care Units (ICU), with 529 on ventilator support.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry has also identified 41 new Covid-19 clusters.
This brings the number of active ones nationwide to 1,050.
Of the 41 new clusters, 22 are workplace outbreaks. The clusters have so far found 1,089 positive cases.
Another 16 clusters are community outbreaks, which has 324 confirmed cases to date.
Two clusters are outbreaks found at detention centres. So far, 56 positive cases have been confirmed.
One cluster is linked to an educational institution and has nine positive cases.
- Hillary Says Health Care Can Be Fixed with IT
- Important Health Update
- The Unspecific Character of Hepatitis C Symptoms
- Expert Patient: A New Approach to Chronic Disease Management for the 21st Century
- Toxic Mold Symptoms
- Obsessions: Things You Might Feel or Say
- Mental Health Maintenance Is Made Simple
- Affordable Health Insurance in New York
- Fibromyalgia Symptom Management - The Importance Of Pacing!
- Symptoms and Diagnosis of Hookworm Infection
- The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits of Aromatherapy
- How to Recognize Bronchitis Symptoms
- Symptoms of Dust Mites, Allergies, and the Adverse Health Effects of DMA's
- Treatment Of Symptoms In Menopause
- Symptoms Of Crohn's Disease - How To Tell If Someone May Have It
- Symptoms of Fingernail Fungus
- A New Idea To The Health Insurance Crisis In America
- How to Improve Mental Health With Safe and Natural Methods
- Health Essentials
- Symptoms of Mesothelioma -- Know More; Suffer Less
Covid-19: More than 97% of new cases have mild or no symptoms, says Health DG have 332 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.