PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia recorded 17,405 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday (July 28), the Health Ministry has confirmed.
The country's total cumulative cases has now reached 1,061,476.
Selangor remained the state with the most cases, recording 7,171 new infections.
Cases in other states are as follows: Kuala Lumpur (2,880 cases), Kedah (1,112), Sabah (913), Negri Sembilan (863), Johor (767), Penang (760), Kelantan (532), Melaka (531), Terengganu (490), Sarawak (464), Pahang (429), Perak (406), Putrajaya (68), Labuan (16) and Perlis (three).
In the same 24-hour span, 12,373 patients were discharged from treatment.
To date, 877,812 patients in Malaysia have recovered from Covid-19.
There were 143 more Covid-19 fatalities, bringing the national death toll to 8,551.
Total active cases in the country have now gone up to 175,113.
Of this figure, 1,016 are in intensive care units (ICU), with 529 on ventilator support.
- Vietnam Covid-19 vaccine provokes ‘high immunogenicity’ in mice
- COVID-19: Bayelsa confirms 42 new cases, 6 deaths
- Texas Hits New COVID-19 Record as Feds Bail on Test Funding
- COVID-19: 17 deaths, 435 new cases in 24 hours in Bengal
- Stocks inch up as US hits new daily COVID-19 record
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports No Additional Deaths, While 19 New Coronavirus Cases Brings Total To 1,870
- COVID-19: Kaduna govt. begins community case-search, visits 29,771 households
- COVID-19: Vietnam confirms another imported case
- COVID-19: Manipur has 342 active cases, tally stands at 540
- COVID-19: Pune reports 217 fresh cases over 12-hour span
- Labour calls for free flu jabs for over-50s to prevent 'perfect storm' as medics warn second Covid-19 wave combined with influenza could bring the NHS to a 'grinding halt'
- India’s Covid-19 tally: From one lakh cases in 110 days to 7 lakh in just 49 days
- COVID-19 Live | Over 7,900 cases in single day, India's tally zooms past 1.7 lakh
- COVID-19: Pune reports 100 fresh cases
- COVID-19: Osun confirms two coronavirus cases in Redeemer’s University
- COVID-19: With 6,330 fresh cases, Maharashtra reports highest single day spike
- Florida, Texas post daily COVID-19 records as 'positivity' rates climb
- Kenya records daily high of new COVID-19 cases
- Florida, Texas post daily COVID-19 records as 'positivity' rates climb higher
- Iraq faces long battle against COVID-19, as daily cases hike to 2,741
Covid-19: Record daily high of 17,405 cases bring total to 1,061,476 have 309 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.