SEREMBAN: Two individuals, including a former government department head, claimed trial at the Sessions Court here to a charge of making a false claim.
Former Negri Sembilan and Melaka Orang Asli Department director Haslin Abdul Razak, 46, and businessman Mohd Irwan Redzuan Abdullah, 44, pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to them before judge Madihah Harullah.
The duo had allegedly submitted a claim of RM15,000 to the department for food and drinks for an event with the Orang Asli community at Bukit Payung in Melaka when in actual fact the event did not take place.
Haslin was also accused of asking the other accused to bank in RM13,200 from the claim into the department’s employee welfare and sports fund.
They allegedly committed the offence at the Negri Sembilan and Melaka Orang Asli Development Department at Wisma Persekutuan here on Dec 6, 2016.
They were charged under Section 18 of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009, read together with Section 34 of the Penal Code.
Offenders can be jailed up to 20 years and fined five times the amount concerned or RM10,000, whichever is higher.
Madihah then allowed Haslin, who is now assistant director (policy and strategic planning) at the Community Development Department in Putrajaya and Mohd Irwan, to be each released on a RM7,000 bail and fixed Sept 24 for mention of the case.
Both posted bail.
The duo were also ordered to report at the Negri Sembilan MACC office on the first week of every month
MACC’s Mohamad Azriff Firdaus Mohamad Ali prosecuted.
- Vietnamese prosecutors seek 7.5 years in jail for ex top cop
- Trial of bank officials in $190ml swindling case kicks off
- Heads that rolled in Vietnam in 2018
- Ex-Vietinbank official gets life in $188 mln swindling case
- $188 mln swindle case by bank staff now on trial
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Prosecutors demand 20-year jail term for ex-President Lee
- Two on trial for looting Taiwanese mill in deadly anti-China riot
- Two Vietnamese on trial for looting Taiwanese mill in deadly anti-China riot
- Blogger Ba Sam to face trial on charges of “tarnishing the State”
- Ex-president Kirchner charged in Argentina corruption scandal
- Ex president Kirchner charged in Argentina corruption scandal
- France's ex-President Sarkozy put under investigation
- Hostage keeper in Hanoi charged with three offenses
- Thai court to decide on trial for murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller
- Trump claims 'business relationship' with Mueller
- Corruption probes target nine Brazilian ministers
- 2 more bankers face prosecution in $188 mln swindling case
- Former senior lieutenant colonel tried for abusing position, power
- Secret confidante of S. Korea's Park jailed for 20 years over scandal
Duo including ex-govt dept head claim trial to false claim charge have 415 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.