An Indonesian man was caught disguising as his wife in her burqa, and using her identification, as well as her negative Covid-19 test result, to travel from Jakarta to North Maluku via a Citilink flight.
Caught by flight attendant
Indonesia-based mews outlet Suara reported that the man, with the initials DW, presented a negative Covid-19 test to the staff at Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport.
It turned out that he had used his wife’s Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result under the name of Nurul.
The man had managed to conceal his identity and get past airport security by donning a burqa, an Islamic headgear which only exposes the wearer’s eyes.
He was caught mid-air when a flight attendant noticed that he had changed from his burqa to a shirt after leaving the plane’s toilet.
Tested positive for Covid-19
Upon landing at Sultan Babullah Ternete Airport, the flight attendant contacted airport staff and reported the issue.
DW was subsequently detained by airport security, and after testing positive for Covid-19, he was sent via an ambulance to an isolation centre for quarantine.
According to Antara , the head of Covid-19 Response Task Force of the city of Ternete, Muhammad Arif Gani, assured that the agency will be working together with the airport to tighten its security.
Flight attendant praised
Merdeka further reported that a former government officer, Alvin Lie, praised the flight attendant who managed to notice the man’s ruse.
Alvin also called for an audit of the aviation security protocols at the airport, as well as the competency of its airport aviation personnel.
Top image by Adek Berry/AFP via Getty Images
- One man’s (very polite) fight against media Islamophobia
- The making of a bedsit Nazi: who was the man who killed Jo Cox?
- Mob violence tests the limits of Hong Kong's leaderless protest movement
- US: North Korea used chemical agent VX to kill Kim Jong Un half-brother
- Skripal poisoning: Czech government confirms it tested Novichok-type agent
- Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season
- 'I play the 1st man to have a vision for a united India'
- Spend, spend spend! Republican congressman FINALLY admits he blew $250,000 of campaign cash on tequila shots at a bachelor party, skiing with a mistress, groceries, Legos and first class travel for pet rabbit Eggburt
- England storm to victory! Owen Farrell's men make it to first Rugby World Cup final since 2007 after defeating reigning champs New Zealand 19-7 in Japan – as delirious fans say they knew team would win after 'smirking' captain stared down the Haka
- A Most American Way to Die
- Almost Famous: A life in cricket
- BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list?
- The saga continues?: 22 obscure, undemanded sequels
- 2013 Nissan Sentra: The Jalopnik Review
- 5 People Who Became Memes, And How They Reacted
- Milk Maidens of Victorian London: The weather-beaten women hauling yoke and pails who kept the capital's thirst quenched on their daily dairy rounds
- FMIA Week 13: Featuring a Duck and a Darkhorse, Playoff Picture Fills Out
- Chemical Brothers: ‘Breaking Bad’ Stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul
- Kate's day of festive fun! Duchess of Cambridge dons a red padded jacket and jeans as she marks a new charity patronage by choosing Christmas trees at a country farm
- Murder in Malaysia: how protecting native forests cost an activist his life
Indonesian man wore wife's burqa & used her Covid-19 negative test result to travel from Jakarta have 536 words, post on mothership.sg at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.