KUALA LUMPUR: A total of 577 individuals were detained for violating Covid-19 standard operating procedure (SOP) on Thursday (July 22), says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Deputy Prime Minister said compound notices were issued to 542 individuals while 35 others were remanded.
“We urge the public to adhere to the SOP to break the chain of Covid-19 infections,” he said in a statement on Friday (July 23).
On Ops Benteng, Ismail Sabri said 29 undocumented immigrants were detained while seven others were turned away on Thursday.
“The authorities conducted 890 roadblocks nationwide on Thursday,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said 634 individuals arrived in Malaysia on Thursday and were placed under mandatory quarantine.
“Cumulatively, 254,565 individuals returned to Malaysia since July 24 last year.
“A total of 9,356 individuals are still quarantined, 241,711 have been discharged while 3,498 were sent to hospital for treatment,” he said.
- Cavs nab third seed, bye in summer tourney
- Switzerland’s Cologna nabs 2nd gold medal with 15km win
- South Carolina reports icing infraction, 21 other secondary violations
- Brewers’ Ryan Braun goes on DL due to oblique strain
- Jaguars WR Ace Sanders returns after monthlong leave of absence
- Jaguars WR Sanders returns after leave of absence
- Aaron Hernandez murder case timeline
- UTSA looks to remain hot in key C-USA West Division matchup
- No. 12 Baylor beats Northwestern State 91-84 in OT
- Browns wrap up draft, grab wide receiver, ignore quarterback
- Keep up with the latest NFL free-agent news, reports & rumors
- QB Johnny Manziel falls to Cleveland Browns
- The Latest: Starters out, Grandy a thief, Murphy at it again
- 3 in the Kee: Lingering questions from the Chiefs’ 2014 draft
- Joy in Minnesota after Timberwolves take Towns, Tyus
- Braun to have thumb surgery, hopes to return to offensive form
- Ryan Braun homers in his first at-bat since suspension
- Sixth inning leaves Brewers feeling snakebitten against Tampa Bay
- Police: Dwyer head-butted wife
- Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife
Ismail Sabri: 577 nabbed for violating SOP on Thursday (July 22) have 288 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.