PETALING JAYA: The final day of Parliament’s five-day special sitting has been postponed to a date to be announced later.
In a notice to all MPs on Saturday (July 31), Parliament secretary Nizam Mydin Bacha Mydin said the postponement was in line with the recommendation of the Health director-general after a risk assessment was carried out by the Health Ministry following a number of Covid-19 infections in the House recently.
He also said that Parliament was now considered a high-risk location for possible infections.
Nizam Mydin also said an order came from Deputy Speaker Datuk Mohd Rashid Hasnon to inform all MPs that Parliament would not be sitting on Aug 2.
The five-day special sitting begun on July 26 and was to have ended on Aug 2.
The special sitting was to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic situation, the vaccination process, the national economic recovery plan including the Emergency Ordinances.
However, briefings by the respective ministers did not involve any voting.
At around 3.30pm on Thursday (July 29), Mohd Rashid announced a lockdown in Parliament after two personnel were found to be Covid-19 positive.
All MPs, parliament staff, and journalists were barred from leaving the grounds until swab tests were carried out.
Following the swab tests, another two staff members were found to be positive.
- Zuma on the brink as presidential speech is postponed
- When does Parliament resume, how long was the recess and when is the EU Repeal debate?
- Heartwarming moment politician proposes to his boyfriend while speaking on same-sex marriage in parliament
- Mum's anger as Northern Ireland school bans special needs boy (5) from Santa visit
- Austria Draws Scorn for Sitting Out Russian Diplomat Expulsions
- PTI MPs curse parliament again after being denied floor
- Donald Trump's first UK visit as President of US 'postponed' amid Twitter row with Theresa May
- Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson postpones wedding to fiancée after their beloved springer spaniel was knocked over by a car
- Teen told he cannot sit GCSEs threatens to take battle to parliament
- South African president Jacob Zuma's speech postponed amid pressure to quit
- Chief Constable concerned over postponement to his return to work
- Poland postpones debate on commemorating Poles who saved Jews
- Brentford postpone Dean Smith contract talks until Monday
- Special Fairtrade celebration postponed as treacherous conditions continue
- Brent MP backs councillors call for Cricklewood rail ‘super hub’ decision postponement
- IJT stages sit-in as violent clashes erupt between students at Punjab University
- Disparaging parliament: Imran’s remarks set K-P assembly alight
- MPs demand four-day week and call to abolish Friday sittings of the House of Commons
- Government ditches plans for Donald Trump to address parliament during state visit
- David Davis and Michel Barnier confirm they will face off for first round of Brexit talks in Brussels on MONDAY
Parliament special sitting on Monday (Aug 2) postponed have 437 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.