TEBEDU (Bernama): The Sarawak government delivered seven containers of oxygen totalling 105 tonnes to West Kalimantan on Wednesday (July 28) for Covid-19 patients in the Indonesian province.
In a symbolic handover and delivery ceremony, Sarawak Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Dr James Jemut Masing presented the items to Indonesian National Army Pengdam XII/TanjungPura Commander Major General Muhammad Nur Rahmad, who represented West Kalimantan Governor, H. Sutarmidji Sh M. Hum.
Speaking to Malaysian and Indonesia media after the event held at the Tebedu Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) about 100km from Kuching, Masing said three containers were delivered on July 23 and 24, while another four containers were sent on Wednesday.
He said Sarawak Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg had received a letter from Sutarmidji last week, requesting Sarawak to provide oxygen supply to West Kalimantan for Covid-19 patients at hospitals in the province.
“As the Covid-19 cases are at a critical stage in Indonesia, on humanitarian grounds and close diplomatic ties, the Sarawak government agreed to channel oxygen to Indonesia’s West Kalimantan province,” he said.
Masing gave his assurances that Sarawak has sufficient oxygen supply for Covid-19 patients at local hospitals and for emergencies in the state.
The supply was channeled after obtaining the approval of the Sarawak State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) on condition that the oxygen supplies are procured from registered and licensed companies, container movement and transportation are restricted up to ICQS Tebedu and all declaration procedures are complied with. – Bernama
- Bản in : Indonesia spends millions of USD to stamp out forest fires
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 19/1
- Bản in : ASEAN Community: C is for connectivity
- China tech giants bet on untangling logistics of Indonesian e-commerce
- Social News 13/9
- Social News 1/3
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 27/11
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 11/12
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 1/3
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 11/8
- Heavy traffic on last day of holiday, no congestion reported
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 17/3
- Social News 15/5
- Vaccine not to blame for infant death in Quang Tri
- ‘Turbulence: A Survival Story’ author arrives in Vietnam
- Regional conference highlights roles for private sector and civil society organisations in sanitation
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/2
- Vietnam's largest gold bandana on display in Hue
- Social News 22/11
- Christmas celebration in Vietnam and around the world
Sarawak delivers oxygen for Covid-19 patients in Indonesia's West Kalimantan have 364 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.