MELAKA: A hotel in Bukit Katil here has recalled its workers, who were temporarily laid off, for an opportunity to boost vaccination numbers in the state.
The resort has asked some of its employees to return to work after the hotel was made one of two Public-Private Partnership Covid-19 Industry Immunisation Programme (Pikas) centres in the state.
The resort's managing director Datuk Marco Seow said the Pikas operation at the hotel will start on Monday (July 26).
“It’s a shot in the arm for the hotel to be part of Pikas.
“We are honoured to be able to contribute to the recovery of the nation and the state,” he said on Saturday (July 24).
Seow said he had maintained many of the hotel's employees despite revenue being badly affected due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Seow also thanked the International Trade and Industry Ministry and Chief Minister Datuk Seri Sulaiman Md Ali for allowing the hotel to be turned into a vaccination centre.
“It’s a boost of optimism for all of us,” he said.
- Most enterprises return to normal operation
- Travel agencies fined, licenses revoked in Vietnam
- Vietnamese travel agencies fined, revoked licenses for tourists disappearing in Taiwan
- PetroVietnam set to lose $220mn on loss-making shipbuilder
- Social 9/1
- More prosecuted for public order disruption at Dong Nai IZs
- Social News 28/2
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR MAY 10-20
- Neither here nor there: Vietnamese-Cambodians live in no man’s land - VnExpress International
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 25/3
- Social News 9/5
- Over 6,500 Old Quarter households to be relocated
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 21/6
- Social News 1/9
- Social News 14/2
- HCM City awaits South Korean girl band
- Start-up recycles used containers for stores targeting young owners, customers
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 12/6
- Social News 5/5
- Nhandan Newspaper - The 'Quan Ho' love duet singer
Temporarily laid-off workers return as Pikas volunteers at hotel in Melaka have 283 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.