Seoul ● Sat, July 24 2021
The United States is seeking a “reliable, predictable and constructive” way to secure progress in stalled denuclearization talks with North Korea, US Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said on Friday.
Sherman made the remarks following a meeting with South Korean Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong-kun in Seoul on the second leg of her Asian tour.
The two sides discussed how to reopen negotiations after North Korea brushed off the Biden administration’s proposals for talks, casting a cloud over prospects for dismantling its nuclear and missile programs.
“We are looking forward to a reliable, predictable, constructive way forward with the DPRK,” Sherman told reporters, referring to North Korea by its official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
“We all feel for the people of the DPRK who are indeed f…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Push for 'Otto Warmbier Way' outside North Korea’s UN Mission picks up steam
- North Korea's Kim vows to be ready for confrontation with US
- Biden Previews New North Korea Strategy Distancing Himself from Trump, Obama
- Kim Jong-un’s Absence and North Korea’s Silence Keep Rumor Mill Churning
- Kim Jong-un Visits Flood Sites in North Korea Before Xi Jinping
- Why is North Korea 'cracking down' on 'foreign influence'?
- Kim Jong-un: North Korea must be ready for 'confrontation' with US
- North Korea remains a nuclear threat: Stratcom commander
- Kim Jong-un's luxury boats caught on satellite near North Korea coastal villa
- In North Korea, ‘Surgical Strike’ Could Spin Into ‘Worst Kind of Fighting’
- North Korea is facing a ‘tense’ food shortage, state media reports
- US Calls on North Korea to 'Engage Diplomatically’
- Memories of famine stalk North Korea amid COVID-induced economic chaos
- North Korea conducts first weapons test of Biden's presidency
- North Korea claims to be untouched by coronavirus, but smuggling and censorship make that hard to believe
- South Korea's Moon seeks urgency on North Korea, vaccine deal at Biden summit
- US minimizes prospect of new North Korea initiative at Moon summit
- North Korea Touts New Resort, Seeking to Blunt U.N. Sanctions
- What Can Trump Do About North Korea? His Options Are Few and Risky
- North Korea’s Wrecking of Liaison Office a ‘Death Knell’ for Ties With the South
US seeks 'reliable, predictable' way forward with North Korea have 407 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.