BUTTERWORTH: The Apollo Market and Jalan Bunga Raya Food Court Complex that were ordered to close due to Covid-19 infections since July 30 will be allowed to reopen on Friday (Aug 6).
Seberang Prai City Council (MBSP) mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud said all traders and workers of both premises have undergone swab tests.
“As of Thursday (Aug 5), there were 14 cases recorded at the food court and one at Apollo Market,” he said in a statement.
Rozali however reminded traders and their workers who were still under the Health Ministry (MOH) supervision and those who have not completed their quarantine that they would not be allowed to conduct any activities at the two premises.
He said for traders with workers who were positive for Covid-19, they had been told to close their premises for 10 days starting from the day their workers were found positive.
"This is to reduce the risk of infection and re-spread of Covid19 in the locations.
"MBSP will not allow any traders who did not go for swab tests or obtain a letter of clearance from the MOH to resume their business activity," he said.
Rozali also said only those who had undergone the RTK-Ag (antigen rapid test kit) or the RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) tests, and found negative, or completed their quarantine would be allowed to resume their business.
“MBSP will also review the MySejahtera profiles of traders or visitors to ensure that those under the low-risk category are only allowed to enter the premises,” he said.
He hopes the full opening of business operations at the Jalan Bunga Raya Food Court Complex and Apollo Market would revive business activities there.
"The reopening will benefit all 184 traders and workers of both premises," he said.
Early this year, Apollo Market was ordered to close for seven days due to non-compliance of Covid-19 standard operating procedures.
- Century of Leeds tradition saved as North Lane shop reopens as The Headingley Greengrocer
- Windows XP to drop in on Friday
- U.K. Court Says Mentally Disabled Woman Must Have Abortion
- Harlem’s renaissance: how art, food and history are shaping its latest evolution
- In big payer win, court sides with UnitedHealth on MA overpayment rule
- Ohio House Passes Bill to Criminalize Abortions of Fetuses With a Heartbeat
- Trump Associate Roger Stone Faces Charges in Mueller Probe
- F.D.A. Seizes Documents From Juul Headquarters
- Dog About Town: Catching a concert and more things to do with your pooch
- Weekday chili pop-up event coming to the East Side
- The week in review: Red-hot Big Blue
- The week in review: XP drops in
- Virtual India at your service
- Shadowy shopping at the Beijing PC mall
- Web catches the holiday spirit
- MSN lockout fuels antitrust cry
- California AG seeks injunction against Trump’s ‘gag rule’ limiting abortion referrals
- Entertainment Calendar
- No Break in Shutdown Talks as Trump Stands by Border Demands
- The Industry Standard to shut down
Apollo Market, Jalan Bunga Raya Food Court to reopen on Friday (Aug 6) have 468 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.