KUCHING: Sarawak’s new Covid-19 cases rose to 759 on Thursday (Aug 5), with nearly half coming from Kuching.
The state disaster management committee said Kuching recorded 330 cases, including 147 from close contact screening and 39 from active clusters.
This was followed by Subis with 160 cases and Serian with 70, while 23 other districts reported between one and 36 cases each.
“Among the new cases, there was one imported case from Selangor and four imported cases from overseas, comprising three from Indonesia and one from Myanmar,” the committee said in a statement.
The state’s cumulative tally now stands at 79,522, while two new fatalities took the death toll to 466.
The latest deaths were a 48-year-old woman who died at Bintulu Hospital and a 61-year-old man who was brought-in-dead to Sibu Hospital.
The committee also said five new community clusters were identified in the state.
They involved two villages in Kuching, which had been placed under the enhanced movement control order, a village and a longhouse in Lundu, and another longhouse in Tatau under the enhanced MCO.
- 1,129 deaths in 24 hours due to COVID-19, India records one lakh cases in 3 days
- COVID-19: Seven new imported cases recorded, total rises to 408
- COVID-19 Reopening Roundup: New Cases Continue Record-Setting Pace; Giants Drop COVID-19 Season Opener; Cash-Strapped Oakland Zoo Set to Reopen
- 80,000 people will be evacuated from Vietnamese city after THREE cases of Covid-19 were recorded at the weekend
- Mira Bhayandar: 160 people test positive for COVID-19 on Friday; active cases reach 1557
- COVID-19: 12 more imported cases detected, Vietnam has 396 cases
- COVID-19: Vietnam confirms community case after 99 days
- Mumbai: Dadar sees single-day jump in COVID-19 count; 6 new cases in Dharavi in last 24 hours
- COVID-19 | Huge spike in cases puts denizens on the edge
- No new COVID-19 infections recorded on July 27 morning
- COVID-19 Reopening Roundup: New Cases Overwhelming Central Valley Hospitals; South Bay Gyms Defying Shutdown Orders; Contra Costa Face Covering Fines
- Rajasthan’s Covid-19 tally reaches 32,673, death toll rises to 588
- COVID-19 infections cross 60,000, deaths surpass 1,400 in West Bengal
- COVID-19: Osun records one death, 8 new cases
- COVID-19: Bauchi records 19 new cases, infection hits 560
- Covid-19: Despite few coronavirus cases, Hawaii hesitant to open schools
- COVID-19: Bengaluru Urban has most deaths, but CFR higher in other districts
- Covid-19: England had highest excess death levels in Europe by end of May
- Thane district's COVID-19 count now 70,513, death toll 1,967
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 tally crosses 270,000; death toll at 5,763
Covid-19: Sarawak records 759 cases and two deaths on Thursday (Aug 5) have 375 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.