HAWKERS in the capital city are warned not to place their wares on the road as this could obstruct traffic, not to mention posing a nuisance to passers-by.
This happened to ten hawkers in Setapak and Wangsa Maju, who learned their lesson the hard way when the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) officers confiscated their wares in an operation on Monday (Aug 2).
In a statement on Tuesday (Aug 3), DBKL said 14 enforcement officers confiscated and brought the items to its storage facility in Cheras.
“Seven confiscations were made under the Local Government Act 1976 Section 46(1) for placing business items on the road and a parking lot.
“Three were made because the business activity involved foreigners. Our checks found that they were renting their respective site from locals for RM25 to RM35 a day,” it said.
DBKL pledged to conduct such operations from time to time, subject to the standard operating procedure.
It urged city folk to channel any information via its complaint website that launched yesterday at [email protected]
In a separate operation in the Titiwangsa parliamentary constituency on Monday, DBKL closed four premises operated by foreigners.
The closure included sundry and grocery shops under the Local Government Act 1976 Section 101(1)(v).
The authority also confiscated and brought the items to its storage facility.
- Nanyuki Kenya- Places, Spots, Attractions, Sights & Activities
- Silk Road Adventures
- Mombasa Kenya-Mombasa Beach - Climate - Spot - Highlights - Places - Activities
- Black Road Drive-By Shooting Targeted Ex-Lover: Forfeiture
- Aberdares Kenya Places to Sleep - Hotels, Lodges, Camps & Accommodation
- A Review of a Zambian Safari to the Victoria Falls
- Guide to Malaysia
- Gallery Monsters - Could This Be Someone You Know?
- Kelo V City of New London - Is Your Property In Good Hands?
- Buying Travel Mementos
- Mandiana Customs Scam, Night In The Savannah, Barrage De Selingui, Mali
- Akin To A Spider's Web
- Designer Envy: Knock It Off!
- Things to Do in Singapore
- The Age of Reason and the spread of English
- Traveling With Children to Oaxaca, Mexico
- A Visit to Shanghai China - Part One
- Spanish Property - The Valencia Land Grab Abuses - LRAU Article PT 2
- The Central Flinders Ranges
- Marty Floyd also Said "Real Marketing, Real Millions, Really Yours! Moreover, It is you!"
DBKL confiscates wares placed on roads by hawkers have 358 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.