The death toll climbed to 28,016 after 127 more patients died from the viral disease, the DOH added.
For the third consecutive day, the Philippines has reported over 8,000 daily new cases of COVID-19.
The Philippines, which has a population of around 110 million, has tested more than 15 million people since the outbreak in January 2020.
The Philippine National Police began enforcing strict border controls in the boundaries of Metro Manila on Sunday to restrict the movement of people coming in and out of the capital.
Interior Secretary Eduardo Ano said only “authorized persons” can enter Metro Manila and its adjacent provinces.
“The implementation of strict border controls in Metro Manila Plus areas is critical to stopping the spread of the Delta variant,” Ano said. Metro Manila Plus, which includes Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal provinces, is home to over 28 million people.
The Metro Manila Development Authority has imposed a 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. curfew to keep people out of the streets. – Xinhua
- Attorney: Hernandez hinted at suicide weeks before his death
- MLB History: Tragic Deaths That Shocked the Game
- Saints owner Gayle Benson says she will serve as controlling owner 'until my death'
- NFL Draft 2018: Day 3 Grades for Every Pick
- Portland Trail Blazers: Making a case for Paul George
- Bailey’s near-death experience the impetus for NHL’s first All-Star Game
- MMQB: Breaking down the frenzied first four days of free agency
- Game Day Preview: OKC Thunder hope for Merry Christmas as they host Wolves
- Target report: Relax, DeAndre Hopkins owners-the Texans star is still a solid WR1
- Michigan State Basketball: Report card for Rutgers win
- Muhammad Ali’s legacy carries on one year after his death
- Milwaukee reporter arrested after fight at Brewers-Cubs game
- Family of Jayhawks strengthens bond in dying dad's final days of cancer fight
- San Antonio Spurs 2016-17 Season Outlook: Cheating Death
- Final Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls Pre-Game Report
- 2017 NFL Draft Pre-Combine Scouting Report: Dalvin Cook
- 2017 NBA Playoffs Roundup, Day 15: Celtics Comeback, Jazz Advance And Clippers Keep Clippin’
- Latest Aldon Smith stunner: He reports to S.F. Sheriff’s Department with potentially deadly blood-alcohol level
- Bleacher Report's Expert Consensus NFL Rookie Award Predictions
Philippines reports 8,000-over Covid-19 cases for three straight days; death toll exceeds 28,000 have 347 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.