Rattanakorn Market reopens this week after one week's temporary closure to control the spread of the Covid -19 virus, according to Banglamung officials.
The Banglamung District Chief Wuttisak Sainghadachoe ordered the temporary closure of several markets in Banglamung for seven days last week.
The Banglamung District Chief ordered the temporary closure of Rattanakorn Market specifically from July 26 th to August 1 st for a big cleaning, staff Covid-19 testing, and sanitation and training measures. The training included teaching vendors how to take additional precautions against Covid-19 and how to help socially distance potential customers.
The market is now reopened as normal. However, sellers have increased Covid-19 measurements with plastic screens in front of their shops as well as more spacing. Most vendors are also wearing two layers of face masks for protection, according to Wuttisak.
Buyers have changed their behaviors as well. They have shortened their time for shopping at the market as well as naturally avoid clustering and respect social distancing, at least according to Wuttisak.
Market vendors have stated to The Pattaya News that although many are afraid of the virus, they are more afraid of not having an income or being able to pay for their basic living needs, food, and shelter. They want customers to know that every precaution possible is being made to protect customers who come to the market. That being said, traffic appeared to be minimal to Pattaya News reporters as of mid-week, however, many did not know the market had reopened.
Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Pattaya News in 2021!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest, Flipboard, or Tumblr
Join us on LINE for breaking alerts!
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at [email protected]
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at [email protected]
- Conservancy charges, temporary occupational licence fees to be waived for 8 markets and food centres hit by COVID-19
- How Science Helped Jacinda Ardern, Labour Party Dominate New Zealand Election, Control Covid-19 Coronavirus
- Malaysian equity market continues to struggle amid high Covid-19 cases and political uncertainty
- Why COVID-19 Is Rising Around Asia This Year After a Mild 2020
- 'Provincetown is safe': Town leader criticizes coverage of COVID-19 delta variant outbreak
- Myanmar Faces COVID-19 Surge Amid Political Crisis
- Covid-19 “survival boxes” funded by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha’s donated salary
- Australia Urged to Ease COVID-19 Border Controls
- US Buys 200 Million More COVID-19 Vaccine Doses
- Why Canada Leaped Ahead of US in COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Pattaya City looking at getting rapid antigen Covid-19 test kits, using D Varee Hotel on Jomtien Beach as “hospitel”
- Hong Lim, Chong Boon markets and food centres to reopen after 2 weeks of closure due to COVID-19 outbreak
- President Duterte, you can still get COVID-19 under control
- COVID-19: Germany reports highest number of new cases since the end of April
- Steep decline in manufacturing output amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Rice exports hoped to recover after COVID-19 controlled: insiders
- How to prevent Covid-19 hot spots
- Hanoi rolls out fines for offenders of Covid-19 prevention rules
- No new COVID-19 cases in SA after lockdown, but warning over 'hoax' quarantine text messages
Rattanakorn Market in Pattaya reopens after temporary closure to control Covid -19 have 591 words, post on thepattayanews.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.