(Reuters) – Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson will miss the club’s training camp in Scotland due to the after-effects of contracting COVID-19, the Premier League side said on Monday.
The 24-year-old is continuing to recover from prolonged fatigue as a result of testing positive for the coronavirus three weeks ago, the club said in a statement, adding that he is expected to return to training soon.
Henderson made 26 appearances for United last season and was called up to England’s European Championship squad in June, but was forced to withdraw with a hip injury.
United start their 2021-22 season on Aug. 14 against Leeds United at Old Trafford.
(Reporting by Hritika Sharma in Bengaluru; Editing by Christian Radnedge)
- Ezekiel Elliott doesn’t take flight for Cowboys training camp
- Everything you need to know about Patriots training camp in 2018
- Jon Gruden takes center stage in first training camp back with Raiders
- 'First Man' and 'A Star Is Born' Home Release Details Reveal the Magic Behind the Moon and the Music
- Warriors’ to-do list for 2018-19 season
- Gruden’s thirty-somethings: How many will make Raiders’ 53-man roster?
- Charlie McAvoy agrees to three-year contract with Bruins
- Leading man: QB Baker Mayfield brings hope, hype to Browns
- Kate Middleton kicks off her heels to play soccer in Belfast
- Deadly tragedy ended Everest dream for Sacramento man. Now, he’s focus of documentary
- The Lessons of Youth: Ernest Hemingway as a Young Man
- Cher's Fabulous Journey From Camp Diva To Serious Actress And Back Again
- 19 Unusual Things to Do in Cape Town
- Mountain Lion Attack; Train Fatality: Poway, S.D. Crime Log
- Rendez-Vous 19: Deneuve, Tavernier and Ozon highlight annual fest of new French films
- In the Wake: Bryan Cranston portrays an unhinged family man in Robin Swicord’s 'Wakefield'
- A Visit to Gaza – the World's Largest Open-Air Prison Camp
- Robert Downey Jr. Trying To Distance Himself From Iron Man Role
- These are the Patriots tight ends competing for limited roster spots
- Robyn Erbesfield-Raboutou: The Veteran Coach Leading the New Generation of Climbers
Soccer-Henderson out of Man Utd training camp after contracting COVID-19 have 320 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.