The Southeast Asian country reported 18,027 new cases during the last 24 hours, the second highest daily tally since the pandemic began, taking the total number of infections to 615,314, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the country’s Covid-19 task force.
The cumulative fatalities have risen to 4,990, up by 133, according to the CCSA.
Restrictive measures, including travel curbs, shopping mall closures and night-time curfews, will be expanded to 29 provincial regions from 13, which had been put under such partial lockdown measures due to end on Monday, according to Natapanu Nopakun, an official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Restaurants in shopping malls will be allowed to open, but only for take-away services, Natapanu said at a CCSA news briefing.
The restrictions will take effect from Tuesday and the authorities will evaluate the situation in the following two weeks, but “possibly this will be extended until the end of August,” he said.
As of Saturday, the country has administered more than 17.6 million doses of vaccine, with more than 3.8 million of its nearly 70 million population having been fully vaccinated, according to the CCSA. – Xinhua
- Thailand reports biggest daily jump in COVID-19 cases on March 19
- Government mulls curbing train travel as Covid-19 cases rise, 13,000 trains may be affected
- Hong Kong reports 30 more COVID-19 cases, 386 in total
- Vietnam confirms new COVID-19 case, 68 in total
- Two more COVID-19 cases reported in Vietnam
- No COVID-19 cases reported in China for third day
- One more COVID-19 case reported in Vietnam
- Maharashtra COVID-19 case count climbs to 37
- More imported COVID-19 cases in Beijing
- Việt Nam confirms 122nd COVID-19 case
- Thailand prepares for nationwide lockdown if COVID-19 outbreak worsens
- Three more COVID-19 cases in State, one with no travel history
- 3 new COVID-19 cases today
- Curfew violators arrested in Punjab; confirmed COVID-19 cases touch 29
- Coronavirus Update: With 25 cases, India records biggest single day increase in Covid-19 cases
- Coronavirus Update: Gov. Wolf Orders Shutdown Across Pa. As Number Of COVID-19 Cases Climbs To 76, Including 2-Year-Old Montgomery County Girl
- Vietnam reports five more Covid-19 cases
- Update: 8 confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio transmitted by community spread, officials say
- Two new COVID-19 cases in Malappuram
- China easing Wuhan lockdown, fight continues against imported Covid-19 cases
Thailand: Tighter curbs extended; staggering 18,027 Covid-19 cases on Sunday (Aug 1); total now above 600,000 have 348 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.