Atchariya Ruangrattanapong, Chairman of the Crime Victims' Assistance Club, has filed a complaint against the President of Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG), Dr. Boon Vanasin, for allegedly sharing fake news of the THG's Pfizer vaccine procurement.
Atchariya reported to the CyberCrime Investigation Bureau (CCIB) that he personally believed that neither Dr. Boon nor the Thonburi Healthcare Group had contacted and negotiated with related Pfizer representatives to import 20 million doses of the mRNA vaccines.
He told reporters: "I believed there was no negotiation because the Pfizer representatives would only make a trading agreement in the state-to-state condition and there were five government agencies that are allowed to do so. And many of these agencies have denied making any procurement contract of Pfizer Vaccines with Dr. Boon."
Additionally, the claimed price of 1,300 baht per dose of the vaccine was, according to his statement, a false incentive aimed to increase the shares of the THG in the stock market as the company stock has risen up by 13 percent in the market after Dr.Boon had announced the negotiation with the Pfizer representatives.
CCIB commissioner, Kornchai Klaiklueng, received the complaint and said the officers would collect more evidence but preliminarily, the officials could not determine whether the doctor's message was considered fake news.
Photo Courtesy: Daily News
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at [email protected]
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at [email protected]
- 'They didn't want me to get a vaccine WIN': Donald Trump accuses the FDA of holding up Pfizer vaccine until after the election - and says decision to delay it will cost lives
- Scientist behind BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine says it can end pandemic
- EU takes action against fake news
- Eli Lilly to start immediately shipping coronavirus antibody drug, that makes hospitalization four times less likely, after emergency FDA approval - in second COVID-19 breakthrough in 24 hours following Pfizer vaccine
- UK could get ten million doses of COVID vaccine BEFORE Christmas after Pfizer jab proves 90% effective in 'major breakthrough' - as FTSE jumps 5% in its best day since MARCH
- The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the world: Couple bonded over love of medical research that has given hope in battle against coronavirus
- First vaccine doses within WEEKS: Government orders Army and NHS to prepare for roll-out of Pfizer jab from start of December - with care home patients and health workers at front of queue on priority list
- Where will poorer countries stand in the queue for a Covid-19 vaccine?
- HHS secretary Alex Azar says there'll be enough COVID-19 vaccine for all Americans by MARCH after Pfizer reveals its jab is 90% effective
- Coronavirus vaccine: Trump claims announcement 'intentionally' delayed
- Van-Tam says 'I'd be at the front of the queue if I could' for Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine - but he refuses to guarantee normality by Easter as retired doctors and students are drafted in for huge logistics operation
- What a coincidence! Russia says THEIR Covid-19 vaccine is also 90% effective, an hour after Pfizer breakthrough made headlines around the world
- Fauci says Americans could start getting coronavirus vaccines 'very likely before the end of this year' and says he has 'no intention' of leaving his NIH job when President-elect Biden takes office
- 'He should be ashamed of himself': Cuomo slams 'bully' Trump for threatening to withhold vaccine from New York until governor admits it's safe and says real reason president is angry is criminal probes
- COVID Vaccine Update—Pfizer One of 10 Vaccines in Phase 3 Trials As Race Enters Final Stage
- Trump calls USPS whistleblower a 'brave patriot' after the mailman said he had NOT recanted Pennsylvania voter fraud allegation - despite Democrats saying he told postal inspectors it was not true
- Coronavirus: anti-vaxxers seek to discredit Pfizer's vaccine
- US sees record 184,000 new daily Covid cases as Trump politicises vaccine effort
- At last! NHS workers are 'set to get a vaccine in weeks' as the Government accelerates timetable for a mass roll-out before Christmas - while ministers introduce new laws to bypass EU approval for jab
- Tuesday briefing: Vaccine news moves the needle in Covid fight
Thonburi Healthcare President accused of allegedly sharing fake news of Pfizer vaccine procurement have 781 words, post on thepattayanews.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.