American comedian Kathy Griffin said on Monday, August 2, that she had been diagnosed with lung cancer although she has never been a smoker.
Griffin, 60, said in social media postings that she would undergo surgery to remove part of a lung, and that doctors were optimistic about the outcome.
“I have cancer. I’m about to go into surgery to have half of my left lung removed. Yes, I have lung cancer even though I’ve never smoked!” Griffin wrote.
“The doctors are very optimistic as it is stage one and contained to my left lung,” she added.
Griffin, a two-time Emmy winner, has been out of the spotlight since 2017, when she lost jobs and sponsorships after posing with a fake severed head depicting then-US President Donald Trump in what was intended to be a joke.
The Secret Service opened an investigation into the incident but no legal action was taken against Griffin. – Rappler.com
- Simple nose swab could be used to detect lung cancer in smokers, study reveals
- Emmerdale cast ALL donate to help actress Leah Bracknell raise £50,000 for her lung cancer treatment
- Smokers and obese patients to be denied surgery until they make a change under new cost cutting measures
- Brave Caroline Aherne told lifelong pals she was dying of cancer two months ago but ‘didn’t want any fuss’
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon from Fats Domino to Hugh Hefner
- Monica Cox Peck opens up about her sister Courtney
US comedian and non-smoker Kathy Griffin to undergo surgery for lung cancer have 240 words, post on www.rappler.com at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.